Thread: Printer Help

Printer Help

Anyone know how to enable a wireless device to print black and white copies to the printer?
    ANH, the best movie ever - ESB, the best SW movie ever
    My feedback

Coz
    High Admiral

I'm pretty sure you have to change the settings of the printer. I don't have wirless printing, so I'm guessing. But I know when I want to print b&w, I have to check a box in the printer settings to enable greyscale printing. So when I click to print, a dialog box comes up asking which printer I want to use and has a "printing prefferences" button. When I click that, it brings me into the printer settings where I can clheck the greyscale printing box. When you choose to print from your device, does it bring up any dialog?

Quote Originally Posted by Coz View Post
    I'm pretty sure you have to change the settings of the printer. I don't have wirless printing, so I'm guessing. But I know when I want to print b&w, I have to check a box in the printer settings to enable greyscale printing. So when I click to print, a dialog box comes up asking which printer I want to use and has a "printing prefferences" button. When I click that, it brings me into the printer settings where I can clheck the greyscale printing box. When you choose to print from your device, does it bring up any dialog?
    Printing directly from the computer, you can change the settings in the print dialog, but when printing from ipad or iphone, it only gives the option to print. I couldn't find printing preferences in the settings menu on the ipad.
    My feedback

Coz
    High Admiral

So from what I can find, different printers companies have apps. Some allow you to change the settings, some don't. Airprint doesn't allow it. So it depends on your printer brand. HP seems to allow it. The alternative is to change the settings on the printer via your PC, or on the printer itself, to print greyscale, and make that the default setting.

So from what I can find, different printers companies have apps. Some allow you to change the settings, some don't. Airprint doesn't allow it. So it depends on your printer brand. HP seems to allow it. The alternative is to change the settings on the printer via your PC, or on the printer itself, to print greyscale, and make that the default setting.
    I do have an HP printer and I changed the settings on the PC to b/w and they printed b/w. But printing from an iPad afterwards, it went back to color. I went through the menu screens on the printer for b/w printing but they only have that option for printing copies. I think the printing options are somewhere on the iPad.

I appreciate the help though, thanks.
    My feedback

Coz
    High Admiral

Last edited by Coz; 09-02-2013 at 07:11 PM.

It says you can choose bet. color and b/w settings on documents but not as a general default setting for all prints. That was a great resource though.
    My feedback