Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: DarthBeek's Vintage Figure Display Case

DarthBeek's Vintage Figure Display Case

Hey fellas -

So, my collection has been ever changing over the last few years. Vintage as a child, to modern in the late 90's to 2002, Gentle Giant, Sideshow, MR & eFX pieces...you name it, if it was OT I collected it.

Well fast forward to current day. Everything is now gone, except the one thing that still makes me enjoy the hobby - Vintage. I just became thoroughly burnt out on modern SW pieces.

I recently discovered the awesome IKEA "Fabrikor" case. While some don't care for it, I find it suits my Vintage collection perfectly.

Thoughts?

I'm only needing a minty Yak Face complete, an Endor Luke Blaster, and the Death Star Gunner's blaster............

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by DarthBeek; 07-22-2014 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Updated detailed pics!
    SAX, EddieU, _Lee_ and 12 others like this.

Nice setup, I like those cases, I may have to check those out the next time I hit Ikea.
    Looking to buy and trade unpainted Micro figures!
    Feedback Thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1062118/

Nice collection, love the look of everything in those cases! Thanks for sharing.
    Wanted: Jawa 12 back or 20 back proofs, pre-production Boushh, textured cape Leia, and anything Jessica Meade. I'm also looking for 1st shots of the "First 20". I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

HWR

Neat collection and a beautiful display.

It's been kind of a roller coaster watching your collection change over the years, Beek, but my own collection has probably undergone nearly as many changes. That's a nice compact setup you have there.

SAX

Great setup, thanks for sharing.

Looks great! I've seen those in ikea recently. Three questions if you don't mind. One, did you customize the lighting or does ikea sell that in addition to the case (it makes your figures look awesome). Two, does it keep the dust out? My detolf from ikea definitely does not. Three where did you get those risers. Very nice!

Awesome setup!
    Last edited by RichD1482; 08-29-2013 at 06:38 AM.
    -Rich
    Feedback Thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1100288/
    My Collection: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1107391/
    "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

Looks great, Beek! The display is very clean and organized...super sleek looking!!!

Mike
    DarthBeek likes this.
    Buying vintage prototypes, snowtrooper rarities, & Kenner employee memorabilia

Those cases look great, I've been looking for a nice display case for my vintage loose collection. I actually priced those a few weeks ago on their website (I think they were $179), then did a shipping cost estimate and it came back with $349 just for shipping! crazy! One of the many things I miss about being stationed in Europe is Ikea, now the closest Ikea is about a four hour drive.

Quote Originally Posted by RichD1482 View Post
    Looks great! I've seen those in ikea recently. Three questions if you don't mind. One, did you customize the lighting or does ikea sell that in addition to the case (it makes your figures look awesome). Two, does it keep the dust out? My detolf from ikea definitely does not. Three where did you get those risers. Very nice!

Awesome setup!
    Thanks!

1. Yes, IKEA sells a separate light kit (dioder) for the case. Works nicely - four mini led strips attached underneath the top portion. Has clips that hide the wires going down.
    2. Yes, the way it is constructed keeps it virtually dust free. Although one of my door is just slightly off, giving just a sliver where dust could potentially get in. I am sure if I do some tightening it would fix it.
    3. I got those risers through a Scummer right here on the boards!
    RichD1482 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast