Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Palitoy Vinyl Cape Jawa MOC

Palitoy Vinyl Cape Jawa MOC

What is the consensus on Palitoy Vinyl Cape Jawa? Real or Fake? I received notification today from a friend of an auction for a Palitoy Vinyl Cape Jawa MOC. I have the html link but did not post it here because I don't know if it is a fake, though I am skeptical. The headline reads;
    " 'Holy Grail' of Star Wars figures goes up for auction: Rare 'Jawa' toy which sold for 99p in 1978 now worth up to 12,000"
    The article also says that only one of these has been authenticated by AFA. Is this true? The one in this auction is not AFA authenticated.

Rear Admiral

•    
    If it's the one at Vectis, I believe that the bubble has some slight crushing, but they (auction company) have put their reputation behind the credibility of it, but for some odd reason won't AFA it...
    Feedback Thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098457/
    Looking for a Governor Koong Coin...

•    
    How can Vectis AFA it if they don't own it? Also, didnt AFA say that they wouldn't grade another Palitoy Jawa? It's rumoured that 3 of these exist and probably 2 more in a private collection (s).
    the problem appears to be tat a known scammer has had at least 2 of these in his possession at some point. There are multiple people from the UK who swear blind that they had Palitoy VCJ as children.

Rear Admiral

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Cc4rhu View Post
    How can Vectis AFA it if they don't own it? Also, didnt AFA say that they wouldn't grade another Palitoy Jawa? It's rumoured that 3 of these exist and probably 2 more in a private collection (s).
    the problem appears to be tat a known scammer has had at least 2 of these in his possession at some point. There are multiple people from the UK who swear blind that they had Palitoy VCJ as children.
    Well, it's on consignment to Vectis, but they posted about it on the vintage Star Wars page on Facebook and it was a pretty lengthy thread, where one of the employees was telling the story behind it. I'm having trouble finding it, but will post it if I come across it. I guess they could use UGK, but I would think an auction house the size of this one would have to be pretty sure of the authenticity to put their reputation behind it. I, for one, don't understand the hoopla over Palitoy, Toltoys, and all the other foreign distributors, but more power to anyone willing to spend $12,000 on a carded figure with a different brand on it...
    turkdlit likes this.
    Feedback Thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098457/
    Looking for a Governor Koong Coin...

•    
    Now I agree with the whole what's special about it angle. For me there are loosies and nothing else :-)

Rear Admiral

I've been on the Vectis webpage and seen images of this piece but it doesn't seem to say any estimate. Can someone please point me in the direction of where this piece is said to be worth 12,000. Thank you.
    Kevin Spencer - I'm infamous in Canada http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by trijunkie View Post
    I've been on the Vectis webpage and seen images of this piece but it doesn't seem to say any estimate. Can someone please point me in the direction of where this piece is said to be worth 12,000. Thank you.
    Rare 'Jawa' Star Wars toy could be yours for a mere 12,000 in auction | Mail Online

Rear Admiral

Thanks for the link. I have now seen some detailed images of the bubble and it is in a bit of a mess having been crushed at the base and has partly come away from the card. Can't understand how this could be worth what the auction house is saying given that an AFA graded piece in better condition made a similar amount.
    Kevin Spencer - I'm infamous in Canada http://threads.rebelscum.com/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The thread with comments from Kathy is on my facebook group:-

http://www.facebook.com/groups/vinta...actionfigures/

The post is by Ollie Wood and starts with a picture and bit about a Kenner VCJ (Kathy kinda thread jacked to start talking about the latest palitoy VCJ one)

I get the impression that Vectis are not going to attempt any bubble repair on the crushed bubble (which I believe may be possible using the gap in the bottom to insert, say tweezers, to push the bubble back out from the inside out) or to have it graded. Vectis have said it is 100% authentic and I and other notable Palitoy collectors cannot find any fault with the detailed pictures that been supplied by Vectis.

Can't recall AFA saying that they wouldn't grade another one, why would they say that?

Any other questions, just keep them coming.

cheers Jason
    Want Palitoy ESB 45A Back (Blue Circle Offer) 2-1B MOC and Palitoy ESB 30B cardbacks for first 12 figures

Mr Palitoy's Cardback Guide
    http://www.freewebs.com/mrpalitoy

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast