Thread: TIE Fighter Vs TIE Interceptor how can I tell from parts?

TIE Fighter Vs TIE Interceptor how can I tell from parts?

So, as I am digging through this box of loose LEGOs and partially constructed sets, I come across pieces of a TIE of some kind. I was wondering if there was much that was materially different between the construction of the early TIE Fighters or TIE Interceptors? I kind of assume that it's just the shape of the wings, but are the wings fairly close in construction? I ask because I found pretty much a whole 6206 TIE Interceptor including instructions, but have nothing to go off of for this second set. So if it's mostly the same, I feel confident that if I find the pieces I can put together an Interceptor, or should I be on the lookout for something that would definitivelypoint me in the direction of one of the TIEs?
    Last edited by ThorOakenfelder; 08-03-2013 at 10:25 PM.
    Got a vintage question? have you read The FAQ?

Neither are big sets. Get a parts list for both. Try the Interceptor first if you're really hoping it's that one. I'm sure you would be able to find all the pieces in 10-15 minutes if they're all there.
    -Your friendly neighborhood Stormtrooper Would like to trade 90s comic cards. Please PM me if you have any. I will be adding a list to my BST thread when I am done going through them all, finding what I'm missing, and finding what I have to trade.
    Looking to buy my first Sideshow figure. Help me out why don't ya? B/S/T Thread

Quote Originally Posted by iambob13 View Post
    Neither are big sets. Get a parts list for both. Try the Interceptor first if you're really hoping it's that one. I'm sure you would be able to find all the pieces in 10-15 minutes if they're all there.
    I am really beginning to suspect TIE Fighter, since most of my dark grays are not the bluish gray. It's taking me a long time since I am trying to piece together about a dozen sets. I figure it's easier to do all of 1 color for all of the sets instead of going back and forth a ton of times.
    Got a vintage question? have you read The FAQ?