Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Question regarding new Kotobukiya Stuff

Question regarding new Kotobukiya Stuff

I was wondering, does anyone out there also think that Kotobukiya has not been producing many original stuff for such a long time? Looking at whats available, it seems they are circulating the same stuff from 1:6 to 1:10 such as emperors royal guards, boba fett, vader, stormtropes, droids and so on..

I wonder why does Kotobukiya not change its approach and focus on more original stuff? such as a 1:6 or 1:10 Max Rebo Band? (we are dying to get a nicely done Max Rebo Band for such a long time) maybe a pack of Jawas (5-6 of them with various poses), Jabba's crew such as Squid Head or Klaatu or Gamorrean Guards, Ewoks, and many others..

I can see the opportunity there but I don't understand why Kotobukiya cannot see it too..

Just my two cents..
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

Yes, I've noticed this as well. I don't mind it though because it's bee good characters with great poses and high quality products. I missed the large Royal Guard, so the mini set is great because I get 2 more manageable sized figures. The army builders and their variations make great little displays with Vader, Boba and others sprinkled in there IMO.

I would like them to expand their offerings as well. I am looking forward to the upcoming Han/Chewy and Luke/Leia sets. Those are new for Koto! They probably wanted to test the waters of the ArtFX+ scale with characters that have been successful and are likely likely to get several buys from (army building, paint variations). Now the line has been successful so they are branching out.

I'm looking forward to collecting just the ArtFX+ line because of the size, price and display versatility.
    gai_KOTO_jin likes this.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by thorskywalker View Post
    I was wondering, does anyone out there also think that Kotobukiya has not been producing many original stuff for such a long time? Looking at whats available, it seems they are circulating the same stuff from 1:6 to 1:10 such as emperors royal guards, boba fett, vader, stormtropes, droids and so on..

I wonder why does Kotobukiya not change its approach and focus on more original stuff? such as a 1:6 or 1:10 Max Rebo Band? (we are dying to get a nicely done Max Rebo Band for such a long time) maybe a pack of Jawas (5-6 of them with various poses), Jabba's crew such as Squid Head or Klaatu or Gamorrean Guards, Ewoks, and many others..

I can see the opportunity there but I don't understand why Kotobukiya cannot see it too..

Just my two cents..
    The way I see it, it's based on fan demand. I'm certain a company like Kotobukiya studies the market well, and is well aware Vader and Boba sell out which is what matters in any business. While you might be a fan of Max Rebo and Jabba's guard, there is the reality that not the majority of people are. Personally I wouldn't purchase any of those, not my taste, which is reflected as to how there's endless people dressing up as Stormtroopers, but not as Jabba's guards. So certainly Koto looks into that not to risk dumping retail stores with peg warmers, and even a small production to please the die hard fans won't be financially beneficial when production costs are added. Also, we cannot compare Hasbro's range's popularity, which has been around for decades and is cheaper for complitists.

Presently, I feel Koto are doing a fantastic job. They've produced a wonderful variety in the 1/6 range, which is translating better into 1/10.
    gai_KOTO_jin and Darth_Wince like this.

•    
    It's been like this for quite a while now really, very slow going & the only real new products seem to be in the smaller 1:10 scale ArtFX+ line..., not sure why the 1:7 scale ArtFX line has come to a halt but maybe it wasn't selling as well as Kotobukiya had wanted?!? The Bishoujo line is being produced still but again, very slowly & what we are seeing in the 1:10 scale is very long in the preproduction before we finally get it..., most of what we saw at SDCC for instants was shown there last year. It was nice to see they'll be producing some new things soon in the 1:10 scale as I'm sure quite a few fans will be wanting the main 4 characters made in the ArtFX+ line BUT as they don't interest me I'll just be looking forward to getting my preorders of the Sandtroopers (X3) & Jango Fett when they eventually get released.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I have all the 1:7 Koto Imperials as well as a few others like Yoda, Droids, McQuarrie duel, and also had Fett, Leia etc. The 1:10 line is kind of cool, but it is more in the toys line, compared to the 1:7 which goes more into the statue realm. But I will not get into the 1:10 collecting too much, I have the Stormtrooper 2 pack and they are more than enough. I was never a Hasbro action figures collector, so these 1:10 remind me too much of those to be interested in them.

Wish Kotobukiya to return to the classic 1:7 line but seems it is not the case recently. I asked for example for a new 1:7 Stormtrooper, because the old one (Luke in disguise) looks quite weirdly posed alas. A new 1:7 classic Stormtrooper with multiple arms like the 1:10 ones would sell well for sure. But Kotobukiya's focus are now the 1:10 and Bishoujo. Too bad.
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

I agree with Serg.... not collecting the 1:10's so a new offering in the 1:7 line would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    The way I see it, it's based on fan demand. I'm certain a company like Kotobukiya studies the market well, and is well aware Vader and Boba sell out which is what matters in any business. While you might be a fan of Max Rebo and Jabba's guard, there is the reality that not the majority of people are. Personally I wouldn't purchase any of those, not my taste, which is reflected as to how there's endless people dressing up as Stormtroopers, but not as Jabba's guards. So certainly Koto looks into that not to risk dumping retail stores with peg warmers, and even a small production to please the die hard fans won't be financially beneficial when production costs are added. Also, we cannot compare Hasbro's range's popularity, which has been around for decades and is cheaper for complitists.

Presently, I feel Koto are doing a fantastic job. They've produced a wonderful variety in the 1/6 range, which is translating better into 1/10.

I can see your point of view but I assure you a Max Rebo Set would be an instant sell out!!! You have no idea how many people are a huge fan of Rebo and his strange crew of musicians I really believe Kotobukiya can be a little brave and do stuff.. a good example is the upcoming Mara Jade figure...
    But...it is written if the Evil Spirit arms the Tiger with claws, Brahman provided wings for the Dove...Thus spoke the Super Guru

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by thorskywalker View Post
    I can see your point of view but I assure you a Max Rebo Set would be an instant sell out!!! You have no idea how many people are a huge fan of Rebo and his strange crew of musicians I really believe Kotobukiya can be a little brave and do stuff.. a good example is the upcoming Mara Jade figure...
    Mara Jade hot woman with lightsaber and anime styled by Japanese legendary artist Shunya... in my view that's more than a little brave, considering the Western and Asian market's devouring demand for female characters welding swords.

Ensign

I am really looking foward to the Luke/Leia & Han/Chewie ARTFX+ 2 packs, I hope they will do more humans/aliens in the future. I have all of the previous 1:10 scale figures and I love them, the detail, size and price point are all perfect to me. I like my 1:10 Koto Fetts better than the Black series Fett. Sure you have limited posing options, but the statues themselves are flawless representations of the characters. I'm Holding out hope for a ROTJ Jedi Knight Luke to go with the ROTJ Vader.
    Batman likes this.

10. Thanks from: Batman

•    
    If they start making the humans, then Hoth Luke and Tarkin would have me excited, as for Aliens, only really the Jawas and Tuskin Raiders.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast