Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The Flash - CW

The Flash - CW

Cross-posting here and in the Arrow thread on the spin-off series.

The CW has announced that Barry Allen will be appearing on Arrow for the second season of the show.

The CW Plans ‘Arrow’ Spinoff ‘Flash’ Series, Wonder Woman Hold-Up - TVLine

Looks like the plan is to tell the origin of the Flash on Arrow before spinning him off to his own series. I don't know if any of this will carry any weight on the DC movie universe, but if they're smart, they'll blend it all together. Arrow already has a more "grounded" tone like they seem to be shooting for. Put your big hitters on the big screen - Supes, Bats - put the next tier on the small screen - Green Arrow, Flash, Lantern, Wonder Woman - and then pull them all together for one grand JL movie.

Anyway, whether that all happens or not, Barry Allen on Arrow and then spinning off to a new Flash TV series is all coming.
    Last edited by WarCry; 07-30-2013 at 02:54 PM.
    You don't have to like it, you just have to do it.
    --Richard Marcinko

Bad Wolf Media - My public photo page

Very cool! I liked the Flash TV show from the early 90s as well.
    DarkArtist likes this.
    "There is no disgrace in getting old, it is just damned inconvenient." - M.R.M 1903-1988

My Feedback!

GNT

Could be interesting, I don't know much about the character except for his super power. It's great to see DC branch out into the TV world.

Cool.
    I have the original flash series on dvd.
    The one that came out in the 90s.
    My feedback thread

Operation Crackdown: Getting rid of corrupt people one day at a time.

If he doesn't have his superpowers I'll pass! I can totally see him on Arrow w/o his powers, since he's being introduced. But for his own show he needs something, what's the point of seeing the Flash on TV if he can't do what his character is supposed to be able to do?!

I can see the concept of the show being similar to any of the CSI shows already on, considering he's a Forensic scientist. Or was at some point.
    But honestly that could get a little boring every week, watching him solve crimes in a lab.

This concept works for Arrow because he doesn't have powers, but when you base a show on a powered character set in that world. What is it exactly he's supposed to be doing? I honestly can't see this working as well as it does for Arrow, and if they're going to do this for all their characters I'm out.
    Lets just rewrite all the DC characters an depower them, not!

Also I can't see them integrating the characters into the movieverse at all, could you imagine a Flash who can't run faster than Superman?
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Masterfett View Post
    If he doesn't have his superpowers I'll pass! I can totally see him on Arrow w/o his powers, since he's being introduced. But for his own show he needs something, what's the point of seeing the Flash on TV if he can't do what his character is supposed to be able to do?!

Also I can't see them integrating the characters into the movieverse at all, could you imagine a Flash who can't run faster than Superman?
    Well, as the article says, they're talking about starting him without powers and telling his origin story on Arrow, meaning he WILL be getting powers before his own show.

And I'm not sure what you mean with the last line. They haven't shown the character or talked about what level his power might be at. Why are you assuming they're going to make him slower that Cavill-Supes? You seem ready to write off everything about this before they've even started the process.

I don't know if they'll do any sort of integration with the movies, but at this point, there's nothing I've seen that precludes them from doing it if they decide to.
    --Richard Marcinko

GNT

The Flash Will Feature His Red Suit in New Series

Details continue to roll in about The CW's proposed TV series based on DC Comic's hero The Flash. We know that the character is set to be introduced in the upcoming season of "Arrow" and could spin-off from there into his own series. Now, writers Andrew Kreisberg and Geoff Johns, speaking with The Hollywood Reporter, have revealed even more details about the show.

"When we first meet Barry Allen, he's just a forensic scientist … an ordinary man," Kreisberg said. "Part of the fun for the audience … is to see how we view our Arrow take on the Flash legacy. Some of it will feel very familiar to DC Comics, some of it hopefully will feel different, fresh and exciting. The same way we approached Arrow is the same way we're approaching Barry."

The pair revealed that in addition to appearing in the 8th and 9th episodes of "Arrow," episode 20 in the new season will function as a "backdoor pilot" for the series and will focus primarily on Barry Allen.

The biggest surprise with this announcement has been that "Arrow" appears to be straying from their "No super powers" model that they adhered to for the first season. Kreisberg added, "There will be extraordinary events in the world and the characters will react in the same way."

Before you begin to type out that comment about how The Flash won't ever actually be in his costume and never be called "The Flash," Kreisberg says you have nothing to worry about. "No sweat suits or strange code names; he will be The Flash."

Casting is currently underway for the role.

I think DC/WB is finally starting to realize what people were complaining about with Smallville and that actual superheroes CAN work for audiences. I like this interview/quotes, because I think the bigger take-away is that it's the likely explanation for how Laurel will transition to Black Canary, complete with powers. They're basically telling everyone that "yeah, super powers are coming."
    --Richard Marcinko

Vice Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by WarCry View Post
    I think DC/WB is finally starting to realize what people were complaining about with Smallville and that actual superheroes CAN work for audiences. I like this interview/quotes, because I think the bigger take-away is that it's the likely explanation for how Laurel will transition to Black Canary, complete with powers. They're basically telling everyone that "yeah, super powers are coming."
    I hope they are using these TV series' to promote characters they feel less confident about putting in solo movies. That way they can be available for the Justice League movie and not have to bog it down with origins.

I think he is an interesting character but for the love of Pete why oh why the CW. It will also have stupid tween elements that I despise about Arrow! I like Arrow as a whole but there are those moments when it turn into a crappy tween music video. I wish AMC or FX could get a hold of these shows!!!
    I love Monkeys!!!! my feedback - http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1077896/

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast