Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: My Uzay Head Man costume build. Weekly updates.

•    

My Uzay Head Man costume build. Weekly updates.

With MOD's permission, I'll post my Uzay Head Man costume build here.
    So I love, and collect Star Wars Uzay Turkish bootleg action figures. One of the hard to get figures is the Uzay Head Man figure. Well, I thought if I can't find one cause of they are rare, hard to find, and pricey, then I shall become one, and be the first to build a Uzay: Head Man costume. I studied the figure, and figured out all that is needed for me to build this first ever Uzay Head Man costume.
    1.) I need an ERG helmet, and spray paint it gold. (I ordered an ERG helmet.)
    2.) I need a black martial arts uniform, and a black rope to tie around my waist like the figure. (I ordered a black uniform.)
    3.) I need a shield resembling his. (I have one ordered.)
    4.) I need a gold sword. (Hunted a wooden one down, and gonna order it, spray paint it gold.)
    5.) Black boots, no laces or buckles. (Still hunting down.)
    6.) Black gloves. (I'll use my Darth Nihilus costume gloves)

Voila!!! This is going to be the first ever Uzay: Head Man costume!!! You seen it here first!

I ordered a Emperors Royal Guard helmet today. When I get this in the mail, I'll be cleaning, priming and spray painting it gold. I'll then put the visor lens on, and the padding inside it for comfort.

I also ordered a shield today, which I will do a little bit of altering to, and Spray paint gold, or silver. Gonna take those brass looking strap pieces off.

I also ordered this black martial arts uniform today, close to what the figure is wearing. Gonna use a thick black rope to tie the tunic/shirt top shut, just like the Uzay: Head Man figure, which can be made out looking at the figure closely.

I got my black pair of gloves from my COTF Darth Nihilus costume that I can use for my Uzay: Head Man costume.

I'm still hunting down the right pair of non-laced, and non-buckle boots, and the perfect sword. I want them to be close as possible to looking like Head Mans boots and sword.
    I'll give updates on my Uzay Head Man costume build as I get stuff together, and build it. Remember, you saw it being built here fist!

Jāš Śtōrmtrpr Błōwrš over and out
    Last edited by Snaggle; 07-29-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    JohnA, _Lee_, Roganjohn and 6 others like this.
    Wanted: Uzay figures! I have a huge interest in collecting Turkish, Polish, and Hungarian BOOTLEGS.
    I am the 1:1 scale UZAY Head Man.

Haha, love your work mate, fantastic and original idea, its going to look sweet as, your gonna be 'da man' in that, im sure somebody has dressed up as a Uzay figure before at a comic con, i saw the pic, but i think it might have been a blue stars, my memory fails me where i saw the pic.
    Anyway, love the thread and love the idea, looking forward to seeing updates, cheers
    Snaggle likes this.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

3. Thanks from: Snaggle

haha very funny :-) Just a friendly reminder: Joe doesnt want his pictures to be posted here and the headman picture is definately his picture, so I would rather use another one of a loose figure with the permission of the owner...thanks and I am looking forward to seeing you in the dress :-)
    Snaggle likes this.

My Feedback

Holy Grail

5. Thanks from: Snaggle

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestars View Post
    haha very funny :-) Just a friendly reminder: Joe doesnt want his pictures to be posted here and the headman picture is definately his picture, so I would rather use another one of a loose figure with the permission of the owner...thanks and I am looking forward to seeing you in the dress :-)

Next time used this one instead . Great project by the way and don't forget to go the take a picture at the beach or in a sandlot . I love Uzay because the card front have different crazy background .
    Blitzkriegtrench and Snaggle like this.
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

7. Thanks from: Snaggle

Nice idea! Few "normal" people would get who it's supposed to be, but that's part of the fun, and I imagine it would look pretty cool even as a generic costume.

9. Thanks from: Snaggle

Haha,
    this is hilarious! Can't wait to see the final 1:1 bootleg

11. Thanks from: Snaggle
    Rear Admiral

Looks good so far!

Search ebay for "East German Boots" and you will find some boots very similar to those used for some of the original Star Wars costumes, at reasonable prices. That might be your best bet.
    Snaggle likes this.

13. Thanks from: Snaggle

Love it!

What's that ERG helmet? That looks pretty cool as is, I don't think I've seen one of those before.
    Snaggle likes this.

15. Thanks from: Snaggle

Lol, Jason you and I must think alike, because I bought that same helmet to customize into a headman outfit just a few weeks ago! Was gonna wear it to the next Celebration.

You beat me to it! Maybe I should just be a gunner and walk around with a calculator? Or I could be a silver sword/gold shield HM variant either way, we should give eachother tips
    Snaggle likes this.
    Those who don't step up, lemon juice in their nose -jedibabu.

17. Thanks from: Snaggle

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by turkdlit View Post
    Lol, Jason you and I must think alike, because I bought that same helmet to customize into a headman outfit just a few weeks ago! Was gonna wear it to the next Celebration.

You beat me to it! Maybe I should just be a gunner and walk around with a calculator? Or I could be a silver sword/gold shield HM variant either way, we should give eachother tips
    Lol, yes this is an ERG helmet. I'll be posting updates of the build. My friends costume in the 501st Legion, which I'm building some costumes for, so I can join. They posed in a pic in their costumes, looking like unarticulated Star Wars action figures kind of pose, and the 3 call themselves the UnarticulatingBasstards. This gave me the idea to put this together... Lol. A Imperial Gunner with a calculator would be pretty fun to do... Lol.

Cheers brother
    Last edited by Snaggle; 07-29-2013 at 06:29 PM.
    Wanted: Uzay figures! I have a huge interest in collecting Turkish, Polish, and Hungarian BOOTLEGS.
    I am the 1:1 scale UZAY Head Man.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast