Like Tree8Likes
  • 8 Post By SeerDrakon

Thread: Big Thank you to Artoo_Detour and Dark Sith Lord!!

Big Thank you to Artoo_Detour and Dark Sith Lord!!

Mods sorry if this is in the wrong location. Please move it if needed.

So about 6 months ago I found some POTF MOCS that I wanted to add to my collection. An auction house overseas (I am in the US) was auctioning them off and there was no stopping me from buying them. I mean..it should be as easy as eBay correct? At least that is what I thought. It was a bit of a nightmare. There was a language barrier and a bank barrier. So I put out the call for help to any collectors that speak French and English. Dark Sith Lord (Liam) put me into contact with Artoo_Detour (Paul...the mod at TIG). Thank you Liam....you continue to be very helpful with all aspects of collecting the time. Paul and his wife worked with me on getting this figured out. Both were very patient and very kind. I am sure I pestered them more than a few times. I gave Paul all of my information in regards to the auction house. Paul and his wife ran with it from there and in short......worked out all the problems without involving me much. To you both....I say Thank you and if you ever need anything on my side of the pond please let me know. I am waiting on one more piece to come back from AFA but here is a picture of the first one. You can see why I wanted this piece to add to my collection. To me it graded an AFA 100(It didn't). This is what collecting is all about. Great stories, great toys and great friends you meet along the journey. Paul(sorry I forgot your wives name)....I will repay you both for your help one day. If you come to Star Wars Celebration 7....please let me know.

Oh and there was a carded Vlix too but the bubble was in horrible condition. One more piece to take off of the checklist. At-At Driver POTF..check!
    ToddG, Lee_Gray, BruceW and 5 others like this.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

Thanks Matt, glad that everything worked out in the end. Good to see some of your items finally landing

Cheers Paul
    thevintagetoyadvertiser.org Recognise these toys? Cool toy ads from the 1970s and 80s!

Great story about two very helpful members in the community. This is what it's all about!
    Collection Website|U Grade FAQ|My Feedback

WTB: Luke Jedi POTF Proof

Paul is a total gentleman, nice thread Drakon.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

High Admiral

Agreed it is nice to see people helping each other out!

THanks
    Todd
    Last edited by ToddG; 07-30-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Love all the positive vibes in this thread. This hobby is jam packed with awesome people.

Regards

Grant.
    Some where in the Outer Rim Territories...