Thread: Custom Cantina Scum & Villains, or "What I Did On My S̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r Hasbro Vacation"

Point farthest from the bright spot at the center of the universe...or as we call it, S. Jersey

Custom Cantina Scum & Villains, or "What I Did On My S̶u̶m̶m̶e̶r Hasbro Vacation"

With the demise if the Vintage Collection almost a year ago, I've been on hiatus from store runs and the thrill of finding new figures on the pegs. To pass the time I've been filling holes in my collection via eBay and such. One obsession I've developed has been to finally complete my Cantina Scene.

I started realizing how many characters Hasbro has left out or will probably never make. So I've finally decided to make the full leap into customizing in order to complete the collection. I've done a few customs in the past, nothing more than head swaps or accessory changes involved. But I've started gathering my supplies and courage to go all in.

My first attempt is simple head and hand swap with some paint. And as I was working on this I've seen some other fantastic versions from other customizers here pop up. The work has definitely been an inspiration while I was working on mine. Sorry, though, if this seems like heavily tread ground. I'll be adding more soon as I have a workbench full of half completed projects.

Lirin Car'n

Fleet Admiral

Great combination of parts!

3. Thanks from: obreaslan
    Point farthest from the bright spot at the center of the universe...or as we call it, S. Jersey

I forgot to post the recipe if anyone was interested:

Head/Hands: Cantina Band Mail away figure '01?
    Body: TAC Mace Windu
    Holster: Fodder Bin

Emperor's Hand trandoshanhunter's Avatar

Awesome job! I may have to borrow the recipe...
    No Yuuzhan Vong in the Sequel Trilogy Please!

The Doomsday Clock nears midnight on the Hasbro SW line...

6. Thanks from: obreaslan

Thanks trandoshanhunter!
    Please do use the recipe. Nothing I am doing is original, believe me. These are for my own enjoyment at home and I'm just sharing the pics.

High Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by obreaslan View Post
    Thanks trandoshanhunter!
    Please do use the recipe. Nothing I am doing is original, believe me. These are for my own enjoyment at home and I'm just sharing the pics.
    Best reason of all to customize, because it's fun! No matter how simple or complicated, my favorite custom always seems to be the one I just finished.

Great work, by the way. I think you'll enjoy your new hobby.

9. Thanks from: obreaslan