Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hallmark SW Vehicle for 2014

Hallmark SW Vehicle for 2014

Here's next year's Hallmark vehicle ornament: the Sandcrawler.

Most of the rest are here:
    SDCC reveals: Star Wars Hallmark ornaments for 2014
    Kinda meh on this one but I might pick it up if the windows light up. No word on that, though. Not too fussed about the paint, either.
    I don't buy figures but Vader's cool, gotta say.

Oh come on DD, what vehicle in the SW universe is more exciting, more joy-inducing than a huge, lumbering, unarmed vehicle inhabited by tiny thieves and seen very briefly in one film?
    And when he gets to heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell, one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Ewok Glider for 2015 then ! Thanks for this DD, I was gonna ask if Hallmark were even continuing to produce Star Wars vehicles any more
    formerly Boris :shame:

Looks like someone sneezed on it. I like the idea of the Sandcrawler...but HM could've done much better. Looking at what they did with the USS Kelvin, this is a letdown.

Looks like the paint pigeons gotta hold of it.

Transparent window in the middle, looks like some kind of light or switch on the lower right side...maybe it lights up?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Windu_au View Post
    Oh come on DD, what vehicle in the SW universe is more exciting, more joy-inducing than a huge, lumbering, unarmed vehicle inhabited by tiny thieves and seen very briefly in one film?
    LOL The kids go wild for lumbering, haven't you heard? Or was that planking?

Quote Originally Posted by boris_2 View Post
    Ewok Glider for 2015 then ! Thanks for this DD, I was gonna ask if Hallmark were even continuing to produce Star Wars vehicles any more
    LOL, too. Maybe they should just do a portable blue milk dispenser or a Naboo golf cart.

Quote Originally Posted by blue2th View Post
    Looks like the paint pigeons gotta hold of it.

Transparent window in the middle, looks like some kind of light or switch on the lower right side...maybe it lights up?
    Hehe, do Tusken Raiders fling poo? And what the hell are they eating out there?

Yeah bro, I was thinking the same thing about the window but I wasn't sure what that doodad at the lower right was, either. It'd be cool if HM's SW ornies started to get lights again. I've passed on 'em for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreality View Post
    Looks like someone sneezed on it. I like the idea of the Sandcrawler...but HM could've done much better. Looking at what they did with the USS Kelvin, this is a letdown.
    Ha-chew!!! Extra mozzarella!
    Reminds me of the DeAgostini, TBH. Agreed, the Kelvinator is in a different league.
    I like land vehicle just fine but I'd love to see SW cap ships from HM again. How cool would a light-up Executor have been?

Any capital ship would be a dream...especially a light up Executor. Delusions of grandeur, eh?

How about a Hallmark Republic Assault Ship/Acclamator? Or SPHA-T?
    And when he gets to heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell, one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell
    Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Windu_au View Post
    How about a Hallmark Republic Assault Ship/Acclamator? Or SPHA-T?
    Either one of those would be excellent. The gaming piece of the Acclamator had a lot to be desired and was bent.
    Happy to have found the Action Fleet version.

Another ship seen in every other episode of the newer Clone Wars was the Munificent Banking Clan Frigate.
    Another gaming piece in soft plastic, the only one you could find.

HM tends to focus on the Original Trilogy I think.
    We were lucky to have gotten a few capital ships in Titaniums though, but not quite everything I wanted.

Oh man, delusions of grandeur indeed! An Executor with 13 red LED engines or an Acclamator with 4 blue LED engines would rock! Bring it!
    OT-wise, a Medical Frigate (with a Luke and Leia window) or a nice MC Cruiser would suit me, too.
    If we do indeed get a new SW flick in '15, I'd imagine we'll get new HM ships from it for a few years...

Is anybody picking up this year's AT-ST? They didn't have any at the store I visited so I haven't seen it in person.
    The Ray-gun, KITT, and the Family Truckster from Vacation (with dead Grandma on the roof rack) kinda tempted me, but I've passed for now. The prices make it easy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast