Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: My C9 ROTJ Palitoy MOC run 18/63 so far

•    

My C9 ROTJ Palitoy MOC run 18/63 so far

Just thought I would share a picture of the start of my ROTJ Palitoy MOC run. All are in C9 condition (ungraded) with clear bubbles. Speaking of bubbles I've tried to get all of them with the Palitoy bubbles too which has been quite challenging. Boushh and Lando have the special bubble though as I think they look really cool like that. So far 18 down 45 more to go and its already getting tough. Apologies for the blurry group photo but the lighting wasnt so good. Any marks you see are most likely just reflections

Thank you Steve Ward at UKG for making the display cases for the MOCs - they are great and i highly recommend them to anyone

Here's a blurry group shot...

These are some individual pictures of the 18 that I have managed to pick up...

Thanks for looking, Oli
    Last edited by olisuds; 08-14-2013 at 05:20 AM.

Excellent run, congrats and keep us up to date with new acquisitions . I love the Palitoy ROTJ cards because they only have the picture and the nameplate for the SW and TESB figures, too bad the ROTJ figures have that black border .
    olisuds likes this.
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

High Admiral

Great run! They all look great. I too like the palitoy cards with just the photo and no logo
    olisuds likes this.
    Always looking for Yoda, Biker Scout, Stormtrooper, Gamorrean Guard and Yak Face items. Especially prototypes and carded figures.

Very nice Oli, good luck with the focus collection I am sure it's going to be very satisfying completing these!

Have you been buying through Ebay auctions? If so, have you let a few beauties pass you by because the price went too high or are you going for a 'must have now' approach?

Very nice run there Oli. You Sir are a dark horse with all these cool runs tucked away.

Kind Regards

Grant.
    olisuds likes this.
    Some where in the Outer Rim Territories...

Moff

•    
    Nice run so far.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai_Tree_Ent View Post
    Very nice Oli, good luck with the focus collection I am sure it's going to be very satisfying completing these!

Have you been buying through Ebay auctions? If so, have you let a few beauties pass you by because the price went too high or are you going for a 'must have now' approach?
    Hi mate, the main problem has been finding them at all and secondly finding them in C9 condition. I've let a lot slip by because I wasnt 100% happy with condition or because they didnt have the right bubble. Apart from Boushh and Lando (who have the special bubble with compartment for helmet) I'm only looking for Palitoy bubbles because they are usually clear and I find that the twin stem bubbles are fragile, the tri logo bubbles are too large and dent easily and the figures gets knocked around and the Kenner bubbles go yellow.

I havent been too concerned with price although I have been avoiding AFA graded MOCs which seem to be sitting around on eBay at double or triple the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Very nice run there Oli. You Sir are a dark horse with all these cool runs tucked away.

Kind Regards

Grant.
    Thanks Grant, I needed something to keep the collecting buzz going as I hit a dry patch with the prototypes. But like busses they all come along at once

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by SITH_DARTH_RAGE View Post
    Great run! They all look great. I too like the palitoy cards with just the photo and no logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt__Brenn_Tantor View Post
    Excellent run, congrats and keep us up to date with new acquisitions . I love the Palitoy ROTJ cards because they only have the picture and the nameplate for the SW and TESB figures, too bad the ROTJ figures have that black border .
    Thanks guys. Yes that was part of the attraction for me. No logos or offers cluttering the photo

•    
    Hey Oli....that's some CB goodness right there.....when I did my CB ROTJ set some could only be attained on the Palitoy logo free Offerless cards.

And with the tendency to stay clear if cared for properly they may be aesthetically pleasing and a sound investment.

I understand that yellowing is a factor in the hobby,but I want my bubbles clear,dammit!!

Darren
    olisuds likes this.
    Okay.Fine.You win.
    Now I'm going to enjoy my life while you are buried under a pile of plastic and cardboard.
    Big Barada

HWR

Great start on your new focus, Oli. Thanks for sharing and please keep us updated as you expand it.
    olisuds likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast