Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By _Darren_
  • 1 Post By MicroM

Thread: OMG! First AFA figure. Now I'm addicted!

•    

OMG! First AFA figure. Now I'm addicted!

Thought I would be content having the complete loose vintage line. Then I began looking into carded figures. Just the thrill of having some figures on those classic cardbacks would satisfy me and help relive some of my childhood. Then I bit the bullet and purchased an AFA graded Stormtrooper,(always my favorite character). Now, I am totally addicted. It sits there on my bookcase, mocking me. Must have more. Must have more! Where does this madness end? This sound familiar?

It doesn't end. That is the great thing about it. You should ask the mods to move this thread to the AFA section. You should post a picture of the piece.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

I like this thread here. Mainly is about the start of collecting carded figures. Just by default it is AFA.

TO the OP, I would suggest a lot of research on carded figures and be able to spot reproductions and buy ungraded and purchase AFA cases. It is very addictive!!!!
    Looking for an ungraded DT Darth Vader or a DT vader inner fillment.

My Feedback

Same thing happened to me, I started with a POTF Emperor then I was going to sell my whole collection and I couldn't part with most of it. Now I have the complete vintage Emperor set in vintage and I'm even collecting the odd modern and started on the GG Jumbo's. I'll prob slide over to the original 12 sooner or later, till then I better start banking if I want quality.
    Also there is no end to the addiction...to the madness...haha that's why I focused on the Emperor/Sidious collectibles. Plenty of Stormy stuff out there vintage, modern, you name it.

"Huh? What do you mean "they blew up the Death Star"?" - Emperor Palpatine, Robot Chicken

•    
    Once you start down the dark path.....forever will it be your destiny......CONSUME YOU IT WILL!!!!!

Tru dat!!

Darren
    Vitiate and Cruehead67 like this.
    Okay.Fine.You win.
    Now I'm going to enjoy my life while you are buried under a pile of plastic and cardboard.
    Big Barada

Quote Originally Posted by Cruehead67 View Post
    Thought I would be content having the complete loose vintage line. Then I began looking into carded figures. Just the thrill of having some figures on those classic cardbacks would satisfy me and help relive some of my childhood. Then I bit the bullet and purchased an AFA graded Stormtrooper,(always my favorite character). Now, I am totally addicted. It sits there on my bookcase, mocking me. Must have more. Must have more! Where does this madness end? This sound familiar?
    Nice work mate, nothing better than hearing the excitement in somebodies words when they have found something that makes them happy, great stuff, cheers
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Yes very familiar. I bought a few MOC's of pretty substandard quality and then decided one dy to try an AFA encased MOC. I was consumed with buying only graded MOCs for many years, but after spending a lot more time on these boards I did get back into buying ungraded MOC's, and then buying AFA style cases for them. Noting beats a display of graded and or acrylic cased MOC's - in my opinion anyway.

Enjoy your new found collecting.

•    
    Thanks for the great advice I'm getting. I've been able to find some nice ROTJ carded figures with 80-85 AFA grades in the $200-$300 range. A nice starting point!
    Last edited by Cruehead67; 08-01-2013 at 03:26 PM.