Thread: Master replicas Lightsabers - blemishing question

Grand Moff

Master replicas Lightsabers - blemishing question

Greetings all!

I used to be a big collector of the MR lightsabers. Now I only have the Luke ANH LE saber packed away.

However, I have seen a mace LE recently and noticed tarnishing on the finish, most Likely due to age.

so since I cannot get to my LE at the moment in storage to check condition, I wonder if anyone else has noticed tarnishing in their sabers due to aging?

thanks!
    "The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it, white shores and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise".

I only have a Vader and Anakin ROTS but both are still blemish free.

May I ask if you used to handle the sabers a fair bit before they were put into storage? I have heard that the oils left behind from our skin can cause blemishes if not cleaned off.

Grand Moff

Never handled by hand, actually never yet displayed it either. I always used a 100% cotton cloth to inspect it in/by hand. Thanks.
    "The grey rain curtain of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it, white shores and beyond. A far green country, under a swift sunrise".

No issues on my Mace SE.
    Always a pleasure to kill a Jedi.

Admiral

Renaissance Wax is great. Here is a thread for it.

Renaissance Wax