Thread: Fake blue snaggs???

Fake blue snaggs???

Hi chaps, I focus on blue snags and was much concerned the read the following excerpt from ebay:

Spotting Fake Vintage Star Wars Figures
    We knew that there has been a proliferation of fake "vintage" Star Wars Weapons on eBay and other retail websites. We strongly suspected that Blue Snaggletooth has been repeatedly copied and sold as an "original,"

Is this true? I'm not talking about butchered up and cobbled together Red snags and Greedos, but something which would fool the average scummer.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Spotting Fake Vintage Star Wars Figures | eBay

Moff

Last edited by aussiejames; 07-13-2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: add a link

So, according to this guy, any figure with a raised bar China COO is fake. Hilarious.
    PeterFett's feedback

WTB: any modern LEIA protos, proofs, unpainted figures

Quote Originally Posted by acmurray View Post
    Hi chaps, I focus on blue snags and was much concerned the read the following excerpt from ebay:

Spotting Fake Vintage Star Wars Figures
    We knew that there has been a proliferation of fake "vintage" Star Wars Weapons on eBay and other retail websites. We strongly suspected that Blue Snaggletooth has been repeatedly copied and sold as an "original,"

Is this true? I'm not talking about butchered up and cobbled together Red snags and Greedos, but something which would fool the average scummer.

Any info would be much appreciated.

Spotting Fake Vintage Star Wars Figures | eBay
    Avoid any guide from eBay and Yahoo concerning Star Wars toys period . If you want to learn everything about the differences of COOs, then read the following :
    Introduction to COOs

And here is the best guide for all the different COOs of every figure :
    COO GUIDE

These two links have descriptions of the differences between the figures with different COOs :
    Star Wars Vintage action figure variation guide : home
    Vintage Star Wars Toy Collection

And everything that you need to know about the Blue Snaggletooth :

Star Wars Vintage action figure variation guide : Blue Snaggletooth

1. H.K. 2. H.K. 3. H.K. 4. No COO 5. No COO (4,5. Tri/PBP?) || 1. Early Baggies 2. - 3. - 4&5. Tri/PBP figure on PBP, Tri + Kenner/PBP 77 Backs

Creature Cantina Set (Sears Exclusive) :
    Star Wars Toy contents Guide PIC HEAVY
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

There are now plenty of fake resin cast blue snag legs, armed at people that want to make fakes or customs from a red snag, but if you had half an idea what you where looking for you would spot a fake/custom in one second.
    Not only is the head a diff colour, but the whole paint job is easy to spot as a BS body is not painted, its cast in blue plastic, the hands and boots would be a dead give away too.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Thanks James, Fortuna and particularly Brenn. So no need to worry then, unless I blind myself in a terrible rocket firing bobba fett cleaning accident.
    Last edited by acmurray; 07-13-2013 at 04:11 PM.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterFett View Post
    So, according to this guy, any figure with a raised bar China COO is fake. Hilarious.
    Exactly. Which is why I am SO upset that my yellow bubble ROTJ raised bar China Stormtrooper must be a complete fake and recard job. Someone made it look totally legit though!
    Last edited by DJ121; 07-13-2013 at 01:59 PM.

BTW for all you sellers out there, you really should get that Ebay info taken down as it makes people think twice about buying.