Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: X-Force - The Movie

GNT

X-Force - The Movie

Looks like this one might be happening in the next few years:

Jeff Wadlow to Write and Likely Direct X-Force

Just hours after we first posted news of a potential X-Force feature film, series creator Rob Liefeld confirmed that such a project was in development. Now, The Hollywood Reporter brings word that it's Kick-*** 2 helmer Jeff Wadlow who's attached to provide the screenplay for the project and is frontrunner to direct as well.

Described as the "militant" and "more aggresive" counter part to the X-Men, X-Force was first launched in the early '90s by Liefeld and Fabian Nicieza. The original team consisted of many fan favorite characters including Cable, Cannonball, Domino, Warpath, and Deadpool, but later incarnations have featured Wolverine, Psylocke, Sunspot, and Colossus.

Emperor

Hmm... wonder how closely it'll tie into the existing X-films. Will it spin off Days of Future Past's effect on the timeline? Will it be set in the past ala First Class? Modern day? So many questions! Especially about the team...

...tho that write-up's a little off... Deadpool first appeared late in the New Mutants run which turned into X-Force, but as an adversary, not a team-member... that didn't happen until the black/gray "red-eyes" incarnations from the last several years.

I'm really hoping for Days of Future past to reboot everything.

And I want Cable in this. Please oh please Cable.
    "The ability to speak does not make one intelligent." - A wise man

Feedback Thread!: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1005743-4/#post18189030

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbymonkeys View Post
    I'm really hoping for Days of Future past to reboot everything.

And I want Cable in this. Please oh please Cable.
    Cable and Deadpool will appear in X-Force movie

I really want X-23 and her team, but can't say I wouldn't love to see these two also.
    "I am Starscream, leader of the Decepticons...and the ruler of Cybertron."

I've always wanted Bruce Willis to be Cable but I doubt he'd do it. I think this would be a way better fit than a solo deadpool movie for deadpool. And I think you could just meld the two teams.

Cable
    Deadpool
    X-23
    Domino
    Archangel
    Warpath

couple others maybe

Maybe this will lead to a Deadpool solo film. Introduce the REAL Deadpool to audiences through this movie, and if he gets a warm reception then move forward with his film.
    Last edited by Gambit; 07-13-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Deathbymonkeys and Choi like this.
    PSN ID: ​stormshadow138
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Gambit View Post
    Maybe this is will lead to a Deadpool solo film. Introduce the REAL Deadpool to audiences through this movie, and if he gets a warm reception then move forward with his film.
    That's what I'm thinking. It's a much more solid plan financially.

-This is pretty good news. I figure they'll want to use Wolverine, but if Jackman doesn't sign on again after DOFP, they might not. Cable and Deadpool are confirmed, which is good. (Bruce Willis would be a good Cable, I agree) I would hope to see Archangel and Nightcrawler on the team, too.

-And yes, I definatly hope this can lead to a solo Deadpool movie
    Most wanted figures : Captain Panaka, Rogwa Wodrata, Cin Drallig, Tivizzit, General Riekan, Taym Dren-Garen, Jastus Farr, and Tera Sinube. And a Dactillon.
    --My Photonovel : http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110455/

I remember when this was first conceived. I think I have the first ~50 episodes of the comic tucked away somewhere in the basement. (maybe they WILL be worth something someday, after all. who knew?)
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

What they aren't happy ruining the other X-Men franchises!!??
    So now they want to put Cable, Deadpool, and Wolverine together becasue it seems they cannot do very well at solo films?

Honestly I never was a big fan of X-Force anyways, so I'm not invested too much in whether it goes ahead or not.
    But I would definitely like to get the Deadpool movie, especially after playing the game! I can see it now in all its rated R glory!
    Maybe that's why they haven't moved forward, to do it right it would need an R rating..

Same with Cable, I've always wanted to see him and Bishop on screen.

Personally I'd rather see an X-Factor or StarJammers movie.
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast