Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Question About TTM Autograph Requests and $

Question About TTM Autograph Requests and $

Hello Everyone,
    I received one of my requests back today and my item was signed by the person I sent to (which has requested to be anonymous in his letter) requesting more money for his autograph. He wasn't rude about it just said you need to send me $ for my autograph that I sent you. As far as I know from others on the forum that gave me the address said nothing about him charging for his autograph. What should I do? Has anyone ever encountered this before and what have they done? I've written hundreds of people and never encountered this before and usually they let you know up front if they charge for their autograph. Its not a lot of money but don't jus have spare money sitting around right now for it and not sure what the protocol is for something like this. Thanks for the advice guys!

•    
    I've never had anyone request $ after returning a TTM.

I've had a celeb request I reimburse the person who forwarded him my package. I usually ask if their is a signing fee, if they have a contact. I've had a minor SW celeb request 40 for an autograph. He later came back and went down to 10 (his usual fee).

Very odd, and kind of *******, IMO.
    My autographed Star Wars action figure collection.
    http://m.flickr.com/#/photos/77837457@N05/

3. Thanks from: DarkjediMSTR

•    
    I would contact them again, and ask them politely for the item back. This is a straight up bait and switch. You should not be asked for more money after the fact. That is very uncouth.
    "Dern it"
    Scruffy the Janitor, "Futurama"
    Feedback Thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1098955/

5. Thanks from: DarkjediMSTR

•    
    According to his post, he did get his item back signed, but also a note asking him to send him money for the signature. But yes, that is odd, typically they let you know up front if there is a fee, I've not encountered that either, I've always gotten notified beforehand if there was a charge.

I guess you could write them back, saying you didn't realize there was a charge involved and that when you have some extra funds, you can try to send it in (if that's what you want to do)

RYAN-J
    Check out My Autograph Collection! None are for sale or Trade. Sorry.

LIKE My Official Facebook Fan Page!

7. Thanks from: DarkjediMSTR
    Vice Admiral

Hhhhmmm, I can see your dilemma and they've kind of put you in an awkward position. If you already have your item back then it's really up to you.

If it is someone like Warwick Davis, who most people know charges a certain amount for his autograph via his website, but is too polite to refuse the request; I would be inclined to pay or alternatively contact him via his website thanking him but explaining your predicament.

I think most celebrities appreciate that the TTMers are usually the more budget conscious fans who can't necessarily afford their convention prices and therefore go to the trouble of writing a nice letter and providing their own item instead.

9. Thanks from: DarkjediMSTR

Thanks for the feedback already guys. It is a very minor actor and no one that usually charges ( or so I thought). Yes I got the items back but put a "bad" taste in my mouth for asking or money after the fact. Being on a tighter budget makes it more difficult and he wouldn't of been someone that I would of payed for. Doesn't have a website or anything stating he charges certain amounts and wanted me to keep it hush hush and between the two of us and not post on the internet (which is why I left his name out of it out of respect). Just found it very odd and wanted to know if anyone else has gotten this before.

Vice Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by DarkjediMSTR View Post
    Thanks for the feedback already guys. It is a very minor actor and no one that usually charges ( or so I thought). Yes I got the items back but put a "bad" taste in my mouth for asking or money after the fact. Being on a tighter budget makes it more difficult and he wouldn't of been someone that I would of payed for. Doesn't have a website or anything stating he charges certain amounts and wanted me to keep it hush hush and between the two of us and not post on the internet (which is why I left his name out of it out of respect). Just found it very odd and wanted to know if anyone else has gotten this before.
    It's tough love but I'd be inclined not to pay. The individual obviously knows it's not right or they wouldn't have asked for it to be kept on the quiet.

I'm sure I've seen posts here where celebrities have done the opposite and said, 'please spread the word that I need to charge such and such amount plus postage'.

If they want their money, they're going to have to keep it above board and be open and honest about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkienerd View Post
    It's tough love but I'd be inclined not to pay. The individual obviously knows it's not right or they wouldn't have asked for it to be kept on the quiet.

I'm sure I've seen posts here where celebrities have done the opposite and said, 'please spread the word that I need to charge such and such amount plus postage'.

If they want their money, they're going to have to keep it above board and be open and honest about it.

That was my thoughts as well. Telling me to keep it between us and not to tell anyone was kinda weird to me as well. Why not just come out and say I charge for my autographs then let them make a decision based on that. Thanks for advice guys.

A couple of years ago I started sending ttm. I sent of my very first 6 official pix photographs to different star wars actors, not knowing what to expect. I always send a polite and genuine letter to each individual and I always cover return postage. However, I received 5 back signed and some very nice letters. But one came back with very large aggressive writing demanding 25. Naming no names as this, and I use the term very lightly, star is widely known on the autograph circuit in the UK. I was taken aback and if I'm honest cringe when I think about it. I'm using this as a little therapy I think. It did put me off ttm as I only did it a few more times. I always vowed to scowl at the person should I ever see him at a show. I genuinely didn't know at that time that some people use signings as income.

Commodore

My favorite TTM Rejection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast