Thread: help please

Lieutenant Commander gaffimaster's Avatar

help please

Hello, I just picked up a Darth Vader from a garage sale that has a weird lightsaber. It has a very long thin tip at the end of his normal lightsaber. I had this figure when I was young but I do not remember the tip being so thin and long. I looked it the picture section of this website but was unable to find anything on it. I would love to post a pic but I cannot figure out how to do it.
    Anybody have any info on the Vader? Thanks for your time.

Moff

Sounds potentially like a Double Telescoping sabre. Keep your item safe until confirmed.

Pic most definitely required.
    My Feedback
    Looking to acquire vintage hardcopy parts.

Thanks Tim_Z. Could anyone point me to a step by step guide on how to post a pic on this website. I used to have a link in my favorites but the link no longer works. Thanks

Here's the pic as emailed to me:

My eye's not the greatest, but it seems like another "stretched tip" like we saw on eBay a couple months ago; I asked Scott to clarify for us whether the saber was 1 or 2 pieces.

Stretched tip is correct!!! "Just the tip". You can see how there is no hollowed portion to move in and out too.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

Hey Kevin, thanks very much for helping me post this pic. As far as your question goes, it appears to be one solid piece. Did something happen to the plastic to make it degrade like this?

Quote Originally Posted by gaffimaster View Post
    Hey Kevin, thanks very much for helping me post this pic. As far as your question goes, it appears to be one solid piece. Did something happen to the plastic to make it degrade like this?
    It likely was exposed to heat, stretched and left at its elongated state to cool to make the modification permanent. The fading/discolouration is usually a pretty good tell it's been stretched.