Thread: OT: Collectible Minifigure Ideas

OT: Collectible Minifigure Ideas

As we approach Series 11, I've been coming up with my own ideas for what minifigures LEGO should (or could) use for the CMF series. I've tried to make these reasonable - a mix of old and new parts, simple and complex designs - and have a pretty good list, in my opinion:

School Girl - entirely re-used parts, though I'm sure they would design a new torso with a LEGO school emblem on it. I actually made one already, using LEGO Store minifigure bin parts, as well as the legs and kilt from the S7 Bagpiper:

[New parts - 0]

Fencer - Plain white legs, arms, and a minimal-design torso leaves room in the budget for the new mask that would have to be designed. Armed with the rapier (or in this case, foil) from the Musketeer figure, we have one more for the sports theme.

[New parts - 1]

Secret Agent - Though less than kid-friendly, this tuxedo-clad man of mystery can carry a modern handgun, a martini glass, and a sly Scottish smile on his face.

[New parts - 2]

Bigfoot - A few series down the road, we should be seeing the S11 Yeti's temperate cousin, Bigfoot. All it needs to be is a brown version of the Yeti with a different face design, equipped with a piece of fruit or a club.

[New parts - 0]

Venitian Gondola Driver - A striped shirt, black pants, and a stylish flat-brimmed hat give Italy a modern-day representation in yellow plastic. Hand him a paddle and all he has to do is look for a boat.

[New parts - 1]

Panda Suit Guy - This figure manages to fit into two themes - animal suits and minifigures of the world. A simple torso design with a new helmet, they could even design a bamboo shoot that can be held by minifigures (useful for future Orient Expedition-type sets)

New parts - 2]

Grandma - Following S10 Grandpa at a slow and steady pace, Grandma can carry a newly-designed cane and be accompanied by her good friend Mr. Whiskers.

[New parts - 1]

Mounty - Not satisfied by the beaver-loving lumberjack of an earlier series, Canadians can finally have a minifigure that is unquestionably theirs - an officer of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. A new hat for his head, and if they are lucky, a bottle of maple syrup.

[New parts - 1]

Folk Singer - We have two rock guitar players, and a hippie, but nothing in between. Give him a new acoustic guitar accessory, and we're ready to be blowin' in the wind.

[New parts - 1]

Tower Maiden - Another addition to the (rather small) fairy tale theme, this princess gets a dress and a long (though with limited future potential) braid that hangs all the way to the ground.

[New parts - 1]

Laser Tag - A reversible head with printed goggles on one side and targets on Ninjago armor, the indoor and rainy-day alternative to S10 Paintball Player can use the popular space-style gun.

[New parts - 0]

TV Judge - While the S9 Judge is nice, he is decidedly British. A simple black gown with the same robe as the Graduate would make an American-style judge, but let's give her the snappy attitude (and hairstyle) of everyone's favorite TV courtroom star.

[New parts - 0]

Hipster - So, so easy. V-neck shirt, violet (or some other pastel) pants, a face with a mustache, and give him the same laptop as S7 Computer Guy.

[New parts - 0]

Hipster Girl - The alternative, if they need more female figures. They tend to do them in pairs, so who cares which order? Oversized glasses on her face, a sleeveless top with a bird on it, and a new takeout coffee cup (with endless potential to be reused in the City and Friends lines)

[New parts - 1]

Outback Guy - The male counterpart to S5 Zookeeper, a partially-open shirt, a machete, and a snake. It's up to LEGO whether this ends up being more like Steve Irwin or Crocodile Dundee.

[New parts - 0]

Drummer - The hat from the Encyclopedia's Toy Soldier, a marching band uniform, and a new drum that connects to the existing harness (for the wind-up key, etc.), with some small mallets, make a marching band bass drum player pretty easy. They could also do a snare drum player in a later series.

[New parts - 2]

Jesus - Though I'm sure LEGO would never actually produce this figure, it would be pretty easy to do. S7 Jungle Boy's hair and new prints, give him a fish as his accessory. I won't try a clever name or description to avoid offending anyone.

[New parts - 0]
    Last edited by pohatu771; 07-05-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Moff

Quote Originally Posted by pohatu771 View Post
    As we approach Series 11, I've been coming up with my own ideas for what minifigures LEGO should (or could) use for the CMF series. I've tried to make these reasonable - a mix of old and new parts, simple and complex designs - and have a pretty good list, in my opinion:

School Girl - entirely re-used parts, though I'm sure they would design a new torso with a LEGO school emblem on it. I actually made one already, using LEGO Store minifigure bin parts, as well as the legs and kilt from the S7 Bagpiper:

[New parts - 0]
    Please, no one say "oh, I'd be all over a school girl"
    Jesus - Though I'm sure LEGO would never actually produce this figure, it would be pretty easy to do. S7 Jungle Boy's hair and new prints, give him a fish as his accessory. I won't try a clever name or description to avoid offending anyone.

The mexican name Jesus or the hebrew one
    Last edited by Killerbee; 07-05-2013 at 02:09 PM.
    Huge Army Builder, 852 figures and counting.

Just give "Jesus" a volleyball and call him beach volleyball player.

I'd love to see Rock Star (Axl Rose).
    Looking to buy or trade for GI Joe Kreo Cobra army builders. Please PM if you can help me out.