Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Odd eBay watched item cancelled message

Odd eBay watched item cancelled message

Hey,

I got the message below on an item I had watched, bid on, and lost. It was still in my watched list. My guess is everyone who was watching this ended item got this message. Curious what circumstances might have caused this item to be removed, especially since the message states that "this wasn't the seller's fault in any way." Any ideas? And no one is allowed to crack wise about me bidding on Glamour Gals.

Dear [me],

Thank you for your interest in this listing:

181165181650 - 16 Vintage Kenner Glamour Gals Dolls and Showplace Display Carrying Case

Unfortunately, the listing is no longer available. We can assure you that this wasn't the seller's fault in any way so, if the seller relists the item, we hope you'll consider buying it.

In the meantime, we have other great deals on eBay. Visit Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More Online Shopping | eBay to continue your shopping today.

Thanks,

eBay

H71461
    -
    Kevin Lentz
    3 3/4-inch Archives
    http://www.toymania.com/334archives

•    
    That is really odd! I've been using ebay for over 10 years, and NEVER had anything like that happen.

Midshipman

I've had a few of these over the years. Most recently on a couple of Kenner catalogs. They have since been resisted but I am none the wiser as to why.
    Kevin_Lentz likes this.

I've received a couple of those over the years also. I always thought it was the seller pulling the auction, or with more recent changes ebay pulling the auction because the picture does not meet thier new pic standards?
    Kevin_Lentz likes this.
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Thanks for the replies. Just curious, were any of the notices you guys received on ended auctions?
    -
    Kevin Lentz
    3 3/4-inch Archives

I received three in one week last summer, but I don't remember what they were. I know it was Star Wars, but that's as much as I can remember.

I honestly cannot remember, but it seems familiar as it was odd to get such after the auction ended being a losing bidder.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Lentz View Post
    Thanks for the replies. Just curious, were any of the notices you guys received on ended auctions?
    I seek Yoda. Collect him I must. Sell to me your production and preproduction Yoda items you will. Vintage it is, yes yes. Mmm hehehe.

Midshipman

My experience was that I received the message after the auctions finished earlier than the scheduled time.

That is weird.
    My feedback thread

Operation Crackdown: Getting rid of corrupt people one day at a time.

Happened again (on another Glamour Gals lot - again, don't judge . This time I messaged the seller - he said that the winning bidder was no longer registered with eBay and that eBay cancelled the transaction. My guess is that's what happened before. Why so many GG fans flake out on their eBay accounts is beyond me.
    -
    Kevin Lentz
    3 3/4-inch Archives

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast