Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By YodaMan2
  • 1 Post By CHEWIE
  • 1 Post By Skullsplitter
  • 1 Post By REBELPURGE

Thread: Gentle Giant "Droid Factory" Padme Bust

Commander

Gentle Giant "Droid Factory" Padme Bust

Had a lot of fun with this one although it was a piece I hadn't intended to make. I still have many customs planned and so I picked up an AOTC Padme to use for a Theed Battle custom. When I got it, I decided to repaint the face as a "test run" to make sure I could get a good likeness out of it. Part way through the custom, I decided to just go all the way and "complete" the bust by adding arms.

I didn't alter the sculpt of the original bust at all, but just added arms to match. I decided to take advantage of the pose the bust was in and make it appear as if Padme is running through the Droid Factory, looking up at all the machinery. I then repainted it entirely and tried to have the colors more accurately match the film.

Comparison:

Wow -- professional quality!

•    
    Man you should teach courses for some of the GG painters to learn how to paint a human character better. Amazing job.
    YodaMan2 likes this.
    You will never be forgotten, For though we are apart
    You are always and forever, Alive within my heart.
    In Loving Memory "Wiener" 1972 - 2010 My wife, my best friend, my soul mate.

Fleet Admiral

whoa whats the scale on that, sorry not into GG. thats head would be great on a Hasbro figs if comparable
    YodaMan2 likes this.
    Dishing out the wisdom of a fool on a daily basis.

Commander

Huge thanks, everyone! From all the various customs I've done, I've come to learn that Gentle Giant usually has sculpts that range from being 90% to 100% accurate. Seriously, they do a phenomenal job. But sadly they just don't seem able to have the paint match the quality of the sculpt. I think the Clone Obi Wan is the best human they've probably ever done and I wish they would be able to duplicate that success again. Then I wouldn't have to make customs anymore!

And REBELPURGE, unfortunately the scales are quite very different. GG busts are in the 1:6 scale and are much much larger than Hasbro's figures. Sorry!

•    
    Another great job you've done here, never really been a fan of this mini-bust so it's good to see one that's had more effort spent on it than Gentle Giant did..., never wanted this bust in my collection BUT I'd not object to your version making it into my display, superb craftsmanship skills you've got there!!!
    "Look Sir, Droids"