Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Steel City Con July 26th thru 28th

Steel City Con July 26th thru 28th

Steel City Con ( a.k.a. Pittsburgh Toy, Comic and Childhood Collectibles Show) Monroeville PA

Jett Lucas attending
    Tom Kane was listed, but a few days ago his name disappeared, but he's not listed under cancelled guests.

Anyways, here is a link to get a 3 day pass for less than a 1 day admission

Steel City Con Deal | Pittsburgh | Drink/Admission Deal| $12.50 for 3 day admission pass to Steel City Con July 26-28 at Monroeville Convention Ctr! | WPXI Just Pay Half

Jim
    Member of the PA Star Wars Collecting Society
    My Feedback Thread
    Twitter - @Jawa_Jim

Tom Kane is still a mystery
    Star Wars IS Forever!
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Jedi Rainman

Tom Kane had to cancel due to a filming conflict. He hopes to attend a future show. Jett Lucas is confirmed and should have a good turnout since he's fairly new to the autograph circuit.

James
    Star Wars stuff is a horrible investment. Star Wars fans are always broke because all they buy is Ramen noodles, peanut butter and Kenny Baker autographs.

Fleet Admiral

Just curious -

I always thought about making to trip to PA for the weekend to attend & turns out I am available next weekend!!!

I know there is CEII going on, but from past experience is there a good selection of vintage Star Wars at the show?

Also, is there a LARGE 501st presence? Might help persuade the wife, as my two kids love the Stormies
    Last edited by BlueSnag; 07-18-2013 at 12:27 PM.

I attended the con today. I took my son to meet David Yost. He was super excited! I also met Jett Lucas. He seems friendly enough but when I asked him about Star Wars in general, I got this disgusted blank stare for about 10 seconds and then he went on to say that he isn't really all that into it.
    Star Wars IS Forever!

That somehow doesn't seem surprising. Sorry to read that was your interaction Jedi Rainman.

Jedi_Rainman likes this.
    I was staying at the Westin, I was playing to a draw
    When in walked Charlton Heston, With the Tablets of the Law
    He said, "It's still the Greatest Story" I said, "Man, I'd like to stay,
    But I'm bound for glory, I'm on my way, My ride's here."

And I thought that Anthony Daniels was the worst... Until now.
    Star Wars IS Forever!

Fleet Admiral

Sorry to hear that was your experience. I met him yesterday too, and found him quiet but friendly, and we chatted for five-ten minutes. And BTW, did you see the INCREDIBLE Chewie there? People were trying to figure out if he was on stilts or actually seven feet tall. Either way, the most amazing I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by GMillerCollector View Post
    Sorry to hear that was your experience. I met him yesterday too, and found him quiet but friendly, and we chatted for five-ten minutes. And BTW, did you see the INCREDIBLE Chewie there? People were trying to figure out if he was on stilts or actually seven feet tall. Either way, the most amazing I've seen.
    The guy in the Chewie costume is on drywall stilts and a part of the Garrison Carida and is there most every show. Some of the members have multiple outfits for the weekend.

Jett is a quiet kid(remember, he's only 20 and new to the show circuit) but he's cool to hang out with and will get more used to the attention in a few years. Daniel Logan was the same way years ago and now people love meeting him.
    Steel City was a blast as usual and the show expands to 700 tables in December with gaming, celebrity Q & A sessions and much more. See you guys there!!

James
    GMillerCollector likes this.
    Star Wars stuff is a horrible investment. Star Wars fans are always broke because all they buy is Ramen noodles, peanut butter and Kenny Baker autographs.

Fleet Admiral

James, that was exactly my impression of him, and it was a pleasure meeting him...he really warmed up as we talked, and we joked around a bit, too. And you're right, he's still very young and new to the scene. I hope he continues to make appearances on the circuit.

Yes, it was another great show. Really hope they add another Star Wars guest for the next one, as right now the only one scheduled is Kee Chan. I do need Michael Biehn on something, though.

Greg
    Last edited by GMillerCollector; 07-31-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast