Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Romba
  • 1 Post By LusiferSam

Thread: question about snowspeeder and installing C batteries

Vice Admiral

question about snowspeeder and installing C batteries

I just won a snowspeeder off ebay that is in mint condition. How can I install C batteries in carefully without cracking or causing stress on the plastic?

Best,
    Rob

Moff

Instal one C & one AA

No idea man, I just collect them, LOL! I do have a loose set though and I'm still trying to figure out how to open the battery compartment for my ATAT. Don't want to scratch the soft plastic! Tis a bad place for batteries.
    When your face is a prune, action goes BOOM! PRUNEFACE! PRUNEFACE!

Vice Admiral

Really that will get the motor going?

Vice Admiral

I agree with you mynock. Some of the vehicles in the vintage line they didn't really think twice about when it came to design. The worse are the b-wing and shuttle. Cracked battery cover and wing stabilizing problem. In the meantime I agree with you on that AT-AT issue!
    Mynock likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Romba View Post
    Really that will get the motor going?
    It should. The difference between a C and a AA battery is the amps. It won't run as long as when you use two C batteries. But if a long you're doing to checking the motor, 3 volts is 3 volts. As for cracking the plastic, I don't recall the battery compartment by that tight where this would be an issue. If you're worried about getting them back out, loop a ribbon or string around one or both before installing them.

Mynock, I use a rounded butter knife to open the AT-AT. It's short, so it fits where I need it. There is no blade and isn't sharp in any way. And the rounded tip is perfect for opening the AT-AT's battery compartment.
    Mynock likes this.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Romba View Post
    I just won a snowspeeder off ebay that is in mint condition. How can I install C batteries in carefully without cracking or causing stress on the plastic?

Best,
    Rob
    I was not aware that this was an issue.... I tried batteries in the one I have, but no luck. I have not taken the time to pull it apart yet.

Nice man, thanks for the FYI, trying it now as I bought batteries for it a year ago! See if that sum beach works!

Quote Originally Posted by LusiferSam View Post
    It should. The difference between a C and a AA battery is the amps. It won't run as long as when you use two C batteries. But if a long you're doing to checking the motor, 3 volts is 3 volts. As for cracking the plastic, I don't recall the battery compartment by that tight where this would be an issue. If you're worried about getting them back out, loop a ribbon or string around one or both before installing them.

Mynock, I use a rounded butter knife to open the AT-AT. It's short, so it fits where I need it. There is no blade and isn't sharp in any way. And the rounded tip is perfect for opening the AT-AT's battery compartment.
    When your face is a prune, action goes BOOM! PRUNEFACE! PRUNEFACE!

Lex

There's a little difference in sizes of C batteries I've noticed. I've had the same issue with Snowspeeder. A few batteries fit nicely and IIRC some didn't fit at all... I had some batteries that have rounder edges and they were a little less taller and then I had ones with sharper edges that are a little bigger and those are harder to put in.
    My feedback
    Save Star Wars
    "They're sh*t." - Phil Tippett on Star Wars Blu-rays