Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ebay buyer "iabee" - Issue resolved

Ebay buyer "iabee" - Issue resolved

I sold a lot of loose Return of the Jedi figures on ebay, 31 in all. Most had weapons, though a few were missing. Most figures in good condition, though some had wear. I posted pics of all the figures. All the weapons I had were original weapons for the figures. I do not deal with reproduction crap that has floated around.

Buyer is questioning authenticity of weapons and has claimed he approached situation wrong. I reacted defensively and feared being scammed as I've had issues withe Ebay scammers before (though it has been a long time). This is now currently being discussed on TIG so I have edited down my original posting. I'm hoping this can be worked out.

Don
    who keeps swearing the he's done with Ebay but keeps going back he can't find another selling outlet
    Last edited by Michael_Ritter; 06-28-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: updated infomation
    Always looking for stormtrooper items-bootlegs, pre production, moc, foreign, etc
    "In any other town they'd be the bad guys..."

Never confuse movement with action.
    ~ Ernest Hemingway ~

There were certainly repro weapons on the market by 1997. Sadly, eBay will probably side with him if he claims not as described. Onus will be on him to return items to you, at which point you'll have to refund. Sorry!
    -
    Kevin Lentz
    3 3/4-inch Archives
    http://www.toymania.com/334archives

3. Thanks from: Mark_Yeo

Sorry to hear about this. I've been toying with the idea of selling off a few pieces of my collection right now, but dreading it because of people like that.

Don
    who keeps swearing the he's done with Ebay but keeps going back he can't find another selling outle
    why not sell them on here?

Because in my past experiences, no one seemed to care about loose figures here. These were all fairly common figures.

Don
    who has some more to list if there is actual interest in them
    Ian_C and ChrisB like this.

Don

If he opens a case, he'll need to ship them back via a registered service. He may not want to spend the money doing it so push back a little on him.

If he opens a case, let me know. I'll do a write up verifying authenticity as TIG. Paypal accepts my evaluations and I've helped a bunch of folks here.

John
    Who's happy to help
    Dax, oceans11, Kevin_Lentz and 2 others like this.
    SHEESH!!!!i am not raping anyones childhood!!!! - Darren
    P.S. I'm glad you didn't get your toy - Baytrooper
    wow WOW! he brings more cowbell to every forum!! - Ross_C
    Feedback http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback

Hey John,

This is being discussed over at TIG also. Check out the posting there. I'm going to edit my original post here down to bare facts. The buyer backed off a bit and apologized for how he approached things so hopefully this will get worked out. I absolutely appreciate you being willing to verify authenticity.

Don
    trying to channel Shane Turgeon's calm, productive, level headed manner of dealing with these types of situations.
    Always looking for stormtrooper items-bootlegs, pre production, moc, foreign, etc

~ Ernest Hemingway ~

Don - I just posted on TIG (what a wonderful site BTW , really top notch) with some thoughts and hopefully resolution
    SHEESH!!!!i am not raping anyones childhood!!!! - Darren
    P.S. I'm glad you didn't get your toy - Baytrooper
    wow WOW! he brings more cowbell to every forum!! - Ross_C
    Feedback http://tinyurl.com/berizingfeedback

Thanks for your response and help moderating there.

This has been resolved so I've edited my posts.

Don
    who appreciates the community here and at TIG more than anyone knows
    Last edited by oceans11; 06-28-2013 at 09:35 AM.

~ Ernest Hemingway ~

You guys are freaking me out with the third-person sign-offs. Don, are you at all related to Cal over at the CGC boards?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast