Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Need a little help on a few figures...

  1. #1
    Midshipman garyinhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Need a little help on a few figures...

    First time poster but a long time reader. I have a collection of loose figures that I started a while back and am slowly trying to get all of 1977 through 1985 collected. All loose figures though. I recently bought a Boba Fett and a Jawa that I had some questions about. The green chest protector on Boba looks like it might have been "touched up". It also appears that some paint got in between the shoulder pads and the chest protector too. Is this figure touched up or just a crummy paint job from the get go?


    My second question is on a Jawa that I recently bought on ebay. The seller said "Included is his Authentic material cloak." The cloak looks brand new and I will be amazed if it is original.


    And my last question is about the Jawa Blaster. I have one with a knob and one without. Are they both Authentic or is one or both a Repro? Thank you all in advance!

  2. #2
    Moff SeerDrakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Hello and welcome. You should post more often.
    Boba..to me it looks like someone took model paint and tried to clean some spots up. So in my opinion it has been painted.
    Jawa cape is real
    Jawa blasters are tough to figure out unless in person....do the float test. Put them in a glass of water. Push down on the weapons to make sure they break the surface tension and if they float....then they are real.
    Check this website...Jawa Blaster -
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

  3. #3
    Midshipman garyinhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    Quote Originally Posted by SeerDrakon View Post
    Hello and welcome. You should post more often.
    Boba..to me it looks like someone took model paint and tried to clean some spots up. So in my opinion it has been painted.
    Jawa cape is real
    Jawa blasters are tough to figure out unless in person....do the float test. Put them in a glass of water. Push down on the weapons to make sure they break the surface tension and if they float....then they are real.
    Check this website...Jawa Blaster -
    Thank you, I contacted the seller of the Boba and am waiting to see what he'll do, and both Jawa weapons passed the float test! I will also post more often, right now i'm trying to get a feel of which place to hang out. I collect loose figures and can't afford the carded ones.

  4. #4
    Moff SeerDrakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by garyinhere View Post
    Thank you, I contacted the seller of the Boba and am waiting to see what he'll do, and both Jawa weapons passed the float test! I will also post more often, right now i'm trying to get a feel of which place to hang out. I collect loose figures and can't afford the carded ones.
    Welcome. You would be surprised how cheaply you can put together a carded collection.
    Mynock likes this.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

  5. #5
    Rear Admiral
    Join Date
    Nov 2012

    The Boba looks like sloppy factory paint to me.

  6. #6
    Midshipman garyinhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013

    I contacted the seller and sent him the same picture above and told him of my suspicions. He did a partial refund for me. This was not the first figure or the last that I've bought from his store.

  7. #7
    High Admiral CraigMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New York, NY

    Looks to me it was some factory over spray. Why would someone touch up his chest but not paint the big circle of missing paint on his chest? Jawa looks good too.

  8. #8
    Moff SeerDrakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009

    Quote Originally Posted by CraigMac View Post
    Looks to me it was some factory over spray. Why would someone touch up his chest but not paint the big circle of missing paint on his chest? Jawa looks good too.
    There are two different shades on Fett's chest pieces. Plus...the light green is already covering up an area that had paint missing. Look closely. I don't know why people do what they do but this one has paint applied to cover up missing paint.
    Last edited by SeerDrakon; 06-17-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Ian_C and Mynock like this.
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

  9. #9
    Lieutenant Commander
    Join Date
    Dec 2008

    •    
    Looks to me like a sloppy factor paint job, not just to the chest but yellow shoulder pads, belt and paint on wrist next to dart. Looking at the chest I've seen similar wear marks (almost like melt marks) on ackbar figures (and other fetts that I've owned).
    My Star Wars Website: http://www.starwarsgroup.com

  10. #10
    Lieutenant
    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Fett doesn't look touched up to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •