Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: "My first diorama" or "Another Mos Eisley Cantina"

"My first diorama" or "Another Mos Eisley Cantina"

Hi everyone! I know that this thread may seam just "another cantina thread" but this basically my very first diorama experience ever. I just recently discovered this hobby for me an this forum and was impressed by the skill and creativity of diorama builders (especially Diago-Bah) hat I decided to try and make a longwanted my favorite SW scene.

I basicaly followed Diago-Bah's cantina instructions as well as other cantinas I googled. So it's full of others solutions and I cannot say if I've done anything special here. Cantina turned out pretty standart and due to lack of my experience maybe not very movie accurate, but i'll sure continue work on it as well as on others from now on

Cantina itself is foamcore with a plaster. I still have to make lights on the tables and the lights over the bar, hope I'll have time to do it till the end of this month. This is my first project so I will really appriciate any kind of comments.

Last edited by itsatrapper; 06-15-2013 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Bad gramma

2. Thanks from: Daigo_Bah

this looks great and this is your first dio ever??? no way.

I would love to see any step by step you might have documented.

The only nitpick I could give is the lighting is too bright for the pics but other then that it looks great!

Lieutenant Commander mskywalker1969's Avatar

If this is your first diorama, then HOLY SMOKES, I can't wait to see your next one!
    Fantastic work there, my friend!

Thanks a lot guys!

Thanks for the comment! I swear this is my first attempt in diorama making. All work with internet search, understanding the proccess, finding the right materials and building itself took my about three and a half month. Hope my next diorama will have less errors than this one.

And yeah photos suck at the moment cause basically all i have to take photos with is iphone. Once I make the inner lights and finally find Boshek and Kitik Keed'kak I will get better photos!

Here are some work in process photos you might be interested in:

Bar

Armchairs

Emperor's Hand trandoshanhunter's Avatar

Wow, this is an amazing diorama! And this is your first? Great job for your first!
    No Yuuzhan Vong in the Sequel Trilogy Please!

The Doomsday Clock nears midnight on the Hasbro SW line...

fantastic job! looks awesome, it kicks my cantina's butt, well done bro!

Thanks a lot! I would not done anything if not you guys. All your dioramas inspired my so much! This hobby really brought me back to life.

Quote Originally Posted by coachvader View Post
    fantastic job! looks awesome, it kicks my cantina's butt, well done bro!
    I actually think your cantina is pretty cool. Are planing to add lightning, because im still planning =) but cannot find anything I can make those table lamp plafonds (((

For your First Dio ? AMAZING job and welcome to the craft. Don't beat your self up over the little things. You are well on your way to making your mark in Dio Making. It only gets better from this point forward.

Are the chairs made out of foam? Is that what you taped together and sliced up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast