Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Star Wars S.H.Figurarts

GNT

Star Wars S.H.Figurarts

I noticed this was mentioned over at Yakface:

BANDAI’s S.H.Figuarts line looks to be breaking into the Star Wars universe with this teaser on Tamashii Nations’ blog. For the uninitiated, S.H.Figurarts produce a line of figures that are intended to replicate, with precision, the natural movements of the human body. It will be interesting to see their approach with Yoda’s species.

Here's a link to the website with Yoda's image, surely they can't make any since Hasbro has the rights to the line? Though it would be neat to see highly articulated figures like never before.

Thoughts?

Midshipman

Looks pretty good to me.... It'll be interesting to see how these compare in quality (in hand) and in price to the Black Series.

Bandai Reveals Star Wars S.H. Figuarts at Tokyo Toy Show - YodasNews.com – Star Wars Action Figures, Collectibles, and Movies News

I'm curious to find out more about these figures.
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Figuarts have consistent levels of articulation across the line, while The Black Series is different for each figure.

They are slightly more articulated than the Sandtrooper/Stormtrooper, with double articulation at the knees and elbows. The advantage is the shoulders and hips, which have additional articulation, and the mid-foot joint.

They are a bit inconsistent with the accessories. Most American-packaged Power Rangers include four or more sets of hands, multiple variations of their weapons, while the White Ranger includes two sets of hands and two alternate blades for its sword.

Of course, most Figuarts are spandex-wearing Sentai/Power Rangers teams, which doesn't obstruct articulation the way armor does. I haven't handled any non-Power Rangers figures, personally, though I do plan to buy the Mario line they are starting now - including two accessory packs.

Price-wise, if they are ever released in the US (officially), expect about $45. If left to imports, $60-$70.
    Last edited by pohatu771; 06-13-2014 at 05:01 PM.

•    
    Goodbye, my dear old wallet. It was nice knowing you

Maybe I'll just quit Hasbro or something. I have a lot of Figuarts stuff. It's top-notch and amazing. The accessories they come with will blow your mind. A LOT of interchangeable hands. Many also include display bases with "arms" to hold the figure, so you can pose them jumping or whatever.

I'd expect prices to be more around the $40-$50 range for the imports, which I plan to buy many of.

You won't be seeing any floppy molding or sculpting issues on these either, and the paint apps will be stunning on every figure.

The articulation? Where to begin?!?! These guys have TONS of joints! All of them well-hidden and sturdy! Double hinged elbows and knees would only be scratching the surface of what these have to offer!
    Even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly giving first aid the already disheveled hair projection

GNT

S.H Figuarts will put Hasbro to shame, yeah they cost a bit but well worth it for high end figures.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    S.H Figuarts will put Hasbro to shame, yeah they cost a bit but well worth it for high end figures.
    Amen to that. It might lead to me quitting Hasbro in their favor. I have a lot of misc anime Figuarts already. Utterly amazing
    Even electronic brain pancake crystal elderly giving first aid the already disheveled hair projection

Quote Originally Posted by MountainTK View Post
    Looks pretty good to me.... It'll be interesting to see how these compare in quality (in hand) and in price to the Black Series.

Bandai Reveals Star Wars S.H. Figuarts at Tokyo Toy Show - YodasNews.com – Star Wars Action Figures, Collectibles, and Movies News

Ummmmm, Vader looks shorter than his Stormtroopers. If scale becomes an issue, at double the price, I don't want a Vader. Irritating.
    I can't believe I've started buying LEGO
    (They don't seem to have a problem stocking the shelves)

Fleet Admiral

These pictured ones are probably only rough prototypes anyway - the finished items should be very good indeed....

I'm still looking for a 6" Stormtroper but I'll most likely get one of these Stormies too.
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast