Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: afa boba fett for review

Midshipman

afa boba fett for review

Hi. I am a new collector. I want to start a vintage collection with a nice carded Boba fett. May I ask you guys what you think k a fair price would be on this one?
    [Mod Edit: Link Removed]

What is a typical going rate for a 21 back in afa 80 and 85?
    Thanks
    Last edited by michael_mensinger; 06-12-2013 at 06:54 PM.

You can't place links to live auctions.

I gave $2500 for mine late last year and its graded an 80. Just recently on eBay I saw an AFA 80 sell on eBay for $3500 which is to much. I probably overpaid on mine a bit but I came across one locally and decided to buy it. Lately they seem to be bringing $2500 or better

Quote Originally Posted by roulettemonster View Post
    I gave $2500 for mine late last year and its graded an 80. Just recently on eBay I saw an AFA 80 sell on eBay for $3500 which is to much. I probably overpaid on mine a bit but I came across one locally and decided to buy it. Lately they seem to be bringing $2500 or better
    Lately, with a renewed interest in these though, I think we've all seen elevated values in the last 6 months(on the first 12 and Fetts both SW and ES that are almost unprecedented. With the cult of Boba Fett, prices are always insane for quality versus rarity. A year ago you could get a decent 21 Back for $1000-1500, but now nowhere near as common.
    Last edited by SF1138; 06-12-2013 at 07:38 PM.

Welcome to the forums, sogcollector. It's already been mentioned that you can't post live auction links in the forums (I made the same mistake on my first post last year!). However, if you want to post just pictures of the item you were referring to, that's ok. Save them to the RS photo gallery or use something like photobucket, and I'm sure you'll get a lot of advice on value of what you're looking at.

Welcome to the forum, although its quite a strange and expensive item for a 'new' collector to be looking to ''start of his vintage collecting'' with.
    Excuse my cynicism but a first post on RS with a link to this auction is very sus to me, i have a pretty big inbuilt bulls**t detector, i dont buy this at all.
    As i said please excuse me if im wrong.
    Last edited by AussieFortuna; 06-13-2013 at 07:04 AM.
    Ian_C likes this.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

High Admiral

I see two closed sales on eBay for an 80 Fett, they are the exact same piece sold for the same amount of money by two different sellers. Weird. 3500 bucks. What's off to me is how the piece was graded, 2 85 subs and an 80 bubble sub and it got dinged down to an overall 80. Bad day at AFA??

Quote Originally Posted by AussieFortuna View Post
    Welcome to the forum, although its quite a strange and expensive item for a 'new' collector to be looking to ''start of his vintage collecting'' with.
    Excuse my cynicism but a first post on RS with a link to this auction is very sus to me, i have a pretty big inbuilt bulls**t detector, i dont buy this at all.
    As i said please excuse me if im wrong.
    I won't disagree with you, but it is possible. Like I mentioned, I did the exact same thing on my first post of these forums, to include linking a live auction to a Fett that that James_Gallo was selling on ebay (which was removed and just added the pic).

Greetings! New collector signing on.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by SF1138 View Post
    Lately, with a renewed interest in these though, I think we've all seen elevated values in the last 6 months(on the first 12 and Fetts both SW and ES that are almost unprecedented. With the cult of Boba Fett, prices are always insane for quality versus rarity. A year ago you could get a decent 21 Back for $1000-1500, but now nowhere near as common.
    Prices are moreso up across the board. Nothing drastic, but as we get closer to the movies coming out, you'll see some insane prices...
    Last edited by BobaFett34; 06-13-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tapuvae View Post
    I see two closed sales on eBay for an 80 Fett, they are the exact same piece sold for the same amount of money by two different sellers. Weird. 3500 bucks. What's off to me is how the piece was graded, 2 85 subs and an 80 bubble sub and it got dinged down to an overall 80. Bad day at AFA??
    The fett I have is graded exactly the same with the same subgrades as the one your talking about. Its not uncommon to get 2 85s and an 80 and receive an overall grade of 80.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast