Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Mighty Ree-Yees

Mighty Ree-Yees

Hi there,

Two days ago I wass happy to collect a new Polish RY figure.

It is 7th one in my possession since I decided to go into Polish bootlegs few years ago! One of them went today to another home, but before that I shot a group picture

I don't think I would ever have more of those at once in the future... Awesome thing, regarding that about 10 years ago there were only records about single digits of this figure, the rarest of the Deluxe series. Now I can say there are 24 Polish RY existing in the world, due to my research. Of course, they are spread in various collections, but I think this figure is so important, that I tried to gather its all variants in one place. This is the result:

If any of the owners are not happy to see their RY on this picture, please let me know. I don't give the names to keep the privacy. But forgive me, I just couldn't resist to make this collage

The statistics:

We have 12 brown (different shades), 6 grey, 4 red and 2 green molded items here. Polish RY was never painted on the corpus. Still waiting for another colors (blue? black?).
    Boots were painted blue, green, black, brown or silver.
    Head remained unpainted only in the green RY (paradoxally, in both cases, molded in black). In other cases heads and hands were painted in the various shades of 'body' color.
    There are 12 riffles existing - originally the gun was molded in the color of the corpus.
    No original package is preserved - it was a plastic bag with little sheet of paper inside.
    The figure was produced between 1986-1989 in Łódź (central Poland). The other figures of the series were: Yoda, Gam Guard and At-At Driver.

Best, Jakub.
    SAX, ChrisB, AussieFortuna and 1 others like this.
    WTB Polish:
    1st gen Zuckuss ATAT limbs | blue Yoda deluxe | unart: red Zuckuss, red Commando, yellow Luke, brown Luke, yellow Veers, pink Chirpa
    http://starwarsaw.pl

Jakub, love the thread and the pics, they look super cool, i never tire of seeing interesting bootlegs like this, its a great figure, i can understand why if takes your fancy, thanks for the thread n pics, i really enjoyed it, cheers
    Jakub likes this.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

•    
    Nice looking Ree-Yees Jakub. Love the colours and they look in beautiful condition too. Even better in a herd!
    Last edited by olisuds; 06-13-2013 at 12:48 PM.
    WTB: R5-D4 Pre-production Stuff | WTB: Pre Production Stuff | FS/FT: Pre-production Stuff
    Looking for ANY pre production items for R5-D4!!
    Looking for R5-D4 POTF proof card!!
    Looking for White Coat Bib Fortuna!!

HWR

Great thread. Cool you gathered all of them on one picture, will make a great reference for future information on this figure.

Normally, I don't like Ree Yees, but have to admit, that some of these Polish bootlegs are damn cool.

Congrats Jakub! I'm waiting for my complete ree yees to arrive in the mail. I will then have a complete deluxe set with all accessories!!
    HWR and ChrisB like this.
    Fett Bootlegs ~ combination of luck, contacts, and willingness to spend like a retard when a real one comes up - Joe Yglesias

Thank you all, guys! Andy, I am waiting for your limelighting thread
    ChrisB likes this.
    WTB Polish:
    1st gen Zuckuss ATAT limbs | blue Yoda deluxe | unart: red Zuckuss, red Commando, yellow Luke, brown Luke, yellow Veers, pink Chirpa

That group shot of Ree Yees Boots is cool man.
    Big L Rest In Peace!

my feedback :Feedback for Snake_Eyes_82

Moff

Your passion really shines through Jakub. Nice collection.
    Jakub likes this.
    My Feedback
    Looking to acquire vintage hardcopy parts.

SAX

too many eyes!!!
    too many eyes staring at me!!!!
    awesome collection.
    Jakub likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SAX View Post
    too many eyes!!!
    too many eyes staring at me!!!!
    awesome collection.
    Thought the same! That's why one set of eyes was sent to a new home

The best thing is, that there are some really lame characters from Kenner set that became the Polish bootleg masterpieces or rarities. RY is a good example, together with 8d8, ewoks or Gam Guard...
    WTB Polish:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast