Thread: Toy stores GatlinburgTN area?

Toy stores GatlinburgTN area?

Any good vintage Star Wars toy shops in or around Gatlinburg TN ? Going to a nice little vacation as well... Anyone that has been recommend anything?

Lots antique malls and stores, but mostly overpriced tourist traps. Several of my friends vacation there yearly; never heard of anyone finding anything good.
    -
    Kevin Lentz
    3 3/4-inch Archives
    http://www.toymania.com/334archives

There's a cool comic and collectible shop in sevierville right next to gatlinburg. I don't remember any vintage but if there was a place, that would be it.
    Fett Bootlegs ~ combination of luck, contacts, and willingness to spend like a retard when a real one comes up - Joe Yglesias

Ensign

Depending on where your staying you may not want to trek back through Pigeon Forge to get to Sevierville :-( but going to or from I40 it might not be out of the way to stop. I've been to Gatlinburg 200 times and never knew there was a comic shop. What is it called?

Thanks GanjaFett we are actually staying in Sevierville. Will check it out. I figured everything would be overpriced anywhere near the area since tourism is king.

Man, I can't remember the name, but it's on the corner of a main road when heading towards gatlinburg. I bought my wife an Alice in Winderland Jaberwock. This was about 5 years ago. It's possible they had some loose vintage but I can't remember.
    Fett Bootlegs ~ combination of luck, contacts, and willingness to spend like a retard when a real one comes up - Joe Yglesias

After googling, I believe it's called S and G comics and collectables. Look, it says Star Wars right on the window!

www.sgcomics.com
    Last edited by GanjaFett; 06-12-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Admiral

I frequent Gatlinburg 3 or 4 times a year, since my best friend lives in Sevierville (who is also a collector) and my in-laws live just an hour outside. I believe the comic shop others have referred to above is called Intrigue in Pigeon Forge. There is also the Red Rocket (more pop culture relics) and a flea market just off the ramp of exit 407 Rt 40. I'm not sure if you will find much vintage, if any at all, down there. I have had a few scores over the last 13 years, but nothing major I hope this helps!
    Coming Soon: The Comprehensive Guide to Kenner's Star Wars Micro Collection
    Visit Microrob.com for more information!