Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Incredible bidding prices for AFA 90 Kenner 12 backs on Brian's Toys

Line Captain

I did contact them about an incident some time back, as it seemed obvious that there was some shill bidding going on. After the item was re-listed, they said that they had blocked the previous bidder for non-payment, but then I lost the next auction (same item) to a new buyer (zero feedback) that signed up that same day. After that, I stopped looking at their stuff. It could have been coincidence, but... it seemed too fishy to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by wwsatando View Post
    I did contact them about an incident some time back, as it seemed obvious that there was some shill bidding going on. After the item was re-listed, they said that they had blocked the previous bidder for non-payment, but then I lost the next auction (same item) to a new buyer (zero feedback) that signed up that same day. After that, I stopped looking at their stuff. It could have been coincidence, but... it seemed too fishy to continue.
    That is not good at all. How do these bidders not pay? Does eBay hold these bidders accountable?
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

I would think that the once the auction closes, if it is won by one of the shill bidders, then all they have to do is cancel the transaction. Both parties have to agree to this, but if you are both parties, then I guess it's fairly easy.

Don
    who's surprised that they haven't been investigated by Ebay for this as it's blatant shill bidding.
    Always looking for stormtrooper items-bootlegs, pre production, moc, foreign, etc
    "In any other town they'd be the bad guys..."

Never confuse movement with action.
    ~ Ernest Hemingway ~

The 12K Luke went to a real winner. He's the same guy who won the AFA 70 DT Vader 12 back for 30K and located in Spain.

I personally would never ship anything overseas that's valued over a few thousand.

Has anyone else considered that maybe it is not a shill by the seller, but by someone else trying to manipulate the market for either profit or sport?

High Admiral

I would say it is far more likely that jerks are just messing with his auctions rather than the seller shill bidding. But since Brian already increased the price of the Leia I assume he thinks this is the new market. Real or not it sets prices in people's heads and not just for 12 backs. If a 12 back Luke sells for 12k then X rare thing should certainly be more expensive now too. Its a marker.

Yeah, I agree. It's a bad "marker" for the market no matter what the real story is. That's exactly why it is possibly someone trying to rig the market. Imagine if you had an AFA90 Luke, etc, and you manipulated the Brian's end prices to set new "markers." Now you can try to justify a higher asking price for yours.

But it is probably just some jerkoff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12