Thread: Star Wars Lego Customs

Grand Moff

Star Wars Lego Customs

I have been doing Lego for about a year. It wasn't long after I started that began doing MOC. Here are 3 that are 'finished'. I say 'finished' because I still find myself 'correcting' them. I guess they are never truely 'done'. I have about 10 different projects going. I work for a while, get stuck or an idea on another, and shift gears. I am finding building very relaxing and challenging.

I am completely open to critiques, in fact, would really like to read comments from some of you that I have grown to respect your work over the last year.

One question I would like opinions about, should I 'Lego' up the color pallet on these? The two from Jabba's palace kind of show this, meaning the main piece is not just one solid color. The turret is all white, but maybe sone light grey thrown in for highlights?

Please click on the images to make them bigger.

Thank You!
    Last edited by INDY; 05-27-2013 at 07:08 PM.
    Studies show that having a ladder in the home is 10x more dangerous than a gun. That's why I own 10 guns, in case some maniac tries to break in with a ladder.

Grand Moff

Studies show that having a ladder in the home is 10x more dangerous than a gun. That's why I own 10 guns, in case some maniac tries to break in with a ladder.

I think it all looks great. I dont have any criticism to offer. I like Jabba's Prize and the turret a lot

keep up the good work.
    FEEDBACK

R.I.P. MCA

Yup, these look good. You could maybe add a few elements of snow on your turret diorama, as the surface is quite flat.

Good job !

Moff

Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    I have been doing Lego for about a year. It wasn't long after I started that began doing MOC. Here are 3 that are 'finished'. I say 'finished' because I still find myself 'correcting' them. I guess they are never truely 'done'. I have about 10 different projects going. I work for a while, get stuck or an idea on another, and shift gears. I am finding building very relaxing and challenging.

I am completely open to critiques, in fact, would really like to read comments from some of you that I have grown to respect your work over the last year.

One question I would like opinions about, should I 'Lego' up the color pallet on these? The two from Jabba's palace kind of show this, meaning the main piece is not just one solid color. The turret is all white, but maybe sone light grey thrown in for highlights?

Please click on the images to make them bigger.

Thank You!
    Mixing in colour is a nice way to depict weathering or age.. Things break down and are replaced without concern of look. So, does Jabba think that the state of his "throne" room reflect him, or does he just hang out with scum and that's what his place is like.
    Huge Army Builder, 852 figures and counting.