Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: My Vintage Loose Display Set

Rear Admiral

My Vintage Loose Display Set

This is a set of vintage figures that I've had on display in this same cabinet, more or less untouched, since around 1998. There is a plexiglass panel in front that I removed to take these pictures.

I've collected hundreds of more figures since then, including better condition examples of many of these, and lots more variations, but I keep all the rest in cases in a dark closet to better preserve them.

There's a few customs in there:

There are more pics of those and some others of mine in the "Customizing" forum vintage thread.

Most of the POTF figures were taken right off of beater cards, which was pretty common back then (I don't even open cut cards these days!):

When I put them in the case, Max Rebo was BLUE, as was one of the smocks on the Ugnaughts. Interestingly, Blue Snaggletooth's torso became discolored over the years, but the Stormtrooper right next to him has stayed nice and white:

And here is one of my very few carded figures, which I also bought in the '90's when non-US figures were a LOT cheaper, more as a curiosity than anything else:

I know it's not the greatest limelight, but these are only a fraction of what I have now, and they've been with me a long time!

Lovely collection mate, love the custom slave leia, where did you get that?
    And great cabinet, that would look fantastic painted yellow like the cardbacks, cheers
    jg73 likes this.
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

HWR

Great collection and a nice display. Thanks for sharingf and please post more pictures of what else you have in your collection.

Nice love the wooden shelves man!
    Big L Rest In Peace!

my feedback :Feedback for Snake_Eyes_82

Rear Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by AussieFortuna View Post
    Lovely collection mate, love the custom slave leia, where did you get that?
    I made it!

You'll notice I got some of the colors wrong, but this was before the POTF2 and the other half dozen or so versions that Hasbro put out, and the only reference material I had was the VHS tape of ROTJ and pictures in magazines.

I made one other that I think was slightly better but that was for someone else and I don't have any pictures of it now.

Rear Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by HWR View Post
    Great collection and a nice display. Thanks for sharingf and please post more pictures of what else you have in your collection.
    Thanks! The rest of my collection, aside from vehicles/playsets, is essentially a closet full of vintage vinyl cases and Darth Vader cases full of loose complete figures. Someday if I have time I'll lay them all out for a group shot!

Quote Originally Posted by jg73 View Post
    I made it!

You'll notice I got some of the colors wrong, but this was before the POTF2 and the other half dozen or so versions that Hasbro put out, and the only reference material I had was the VHS tape of ROTJ and pictures in magazines.

I made one other that I think was slightly better but that was for someone else and I don't have any pictures of it now.
    Nice work and its true to kenner style too, i love it, cheers
    -- Looking for Polish and Mexican bootlegs.--The Pablo Picasso's of the Star Wars universe.. WTB Jaws (movie) memorabilia and models.
    -- ''Blue and Gold will never fold'', Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club - Passionate life member..

Nice set up!

that would look fantastic painted yellow
    was thinking the same thing, a solid color would great on that instead of the woodgrain

•    
    Thats a lovely looking set of figures you have there. You must be very happy with them. So whats next? You know it wont stop there.
    WTB: R5-D4 Pre-production Stuff | WTB: Pre Production Stuff | FS/FT: Pre-production Stuff
    Looking for ANY pre production items for R5-D4!!
    Looking for R5-D4 POTF proof card!!
    Looking for White Coat Bib Fortuna!!

Nice collection! I LOVE the customs!!
    Wanted: Jawa & Tuscan Raider proofs, pre-production Leia Boushh, Leia 1st shot, and anything Jessica Meade.
    I am also looking for any Revenge proof cards. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast