Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Out of Curiosity, What Would These Be Worth?

Sub-Lieutenant

Out of Curiosity, What Would These Be Worth?

Hey folks,

As the thread title says, I've always been curious as to what my set of Star Wars bedsheets from the 1970's that are still sealed in their original packages are worth.

I have seen sheet sets on eBay from time to time, but never unopened ones.

The back story is that eons ago, I was celebrating my birthday at my friend's house with a few of my closest friends. It unwittingly turned into a "Star Wars birthday" for me because my friends all knew I was a big Star Wars geek and they all got me Star Wars gifts - if I remember correctly I got a MPC Falcon model kit and a VHS set of the Trilogy (like I said... a long time ago!).

Anyways, my friend's mom turns around and says "Oh, you like Star Wars?" and runs off to her closet and gives me a sheet set that she bought in the 70's and never opened because my friend and his older brother weren't really into Star Wars when they were kids. So she sort of just sat on them until that moment.

What she gave me was:

• one double bed sized fitted sheet;
    • one double bed sized flat sheet; and
    • one pillow case

They're all from Sears and according to the packaging they were all made in Canada. I've always wondered if they were worth, if anything, and I figured that my fellow Scummers would probably be the best people to ask! Thanks ahead of time!!

Sub-Lieutenant

Anyone? I've had a couple of PMs asking if I'd sell them but I really am just curious as to what their value is.

I slept on these as a kid!!! They're worth something to me!!

The problem is finding someone who wants to buy them. The "unloved" items are sometimes hard to sell for what they are really worth. I'd guess you could find a buyer in the $100 to maybe $150 range.
    My collection
    Need High Grade Offerless ROTJ 65 Backs: Ugnaught, Jawa, Hoth Rebel Soldier - 77 backs: FX-7, Luke Bespin, Orig Leia
    Follow the 'Chive Cast on Twitter

I'd say that if someone were using Star Wars bed sheets, they're probably going to be "unloved" most of the time. LOL
    HWR and Roganjohn like this.
    Got a vintage question? have you read The FAQ?

Sub-Lieutenant

Pretty much what my fiancee said when I jokingly said maybe we should open them up and use them ;-)

Thanks for the response Pedro!

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro12345 View Post
    The problem is finding someone who wants to buy them. The "unloved" items are sometimes hard to sell for what they are really worth. I'd guess you could find a buyer in the $100 to maybe $150 range.
    Sorry Pedro, that is WAY overpriced. I found them in the Geoffrey Carlton Super Collectors Wish Book 5th edition. (2009) I'm afraid even in package, which is how he prices all of his items, they are not much more than 20.00.

Granted, that was in 2009. However I can't see the sheet sets jumping that much in price over the last few years. His 6th edition came out in 2011. but I do not have access to that one at this time.

You'd be surprised on these...lots of people remember them from their childhood and sealed versions are pretty hard to find.

Check out this link where a very similar set sold for $100.

Vintage 1977 Star Wars Sheets Set Still SEALED Fitted Flat Pillow Case | eBay
    My collection
    Need High Grade Offerless ROTJ 65 Backs: Ugnaught, Jawa, Hoth Rebel Soldier - 77 backs: FX-7, Luke Bespin, Orig Leia
    Follow the 'Chive Cast on Twitter

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro12345 View Post
    You'd be surprised on these...lots of people remember them from their childhood and sealed versions are pretty hard to find.

Check out this link where a very similar set sold for $100.

Vintage 1977 Star Wars Sheets Set Still SEALED Fitted Flat Pillow Case | eBay
    Wow! Okay, then I stand corrected. I guess people are willing to pay crazy prices for everything vintage, not just the toys!

Pottery Barn re-issued these in the last few years and a full size set new is about $100...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast