Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Ridiculous - Nearly $400 For A Loose Wampa?

•    

Ridiculous - Nearly $400 For A Loose Wampa?

This is just nuts, and speaks to the idiocy running rampant on "U" grade buyers.

1981 Star Wars Hoth Wampa Ice Creature AFA U85 RARE SW ESB POTF Vintage Coo HK | eBay

You can buy great condition loose wampas with no discoloration for under $30 all the time. This one finishes at $382? I normally don't post crazy auction end prices, but this one just bugs the hell out of me, as it's a classic example of setting an unrealistic market price. Now we're probably going to see a few loose Wampas being offered at $200+ because "one sold recently for more than that". Insanity.

Ian

Ian i hate to say it but its not unrealistic if it sells for that price, its real lol, 32 bids too, yes i agree its crazy, but its funny what people will fork out their hard earned on, theres a sucker born every minute.

More power to the seller, he started the auction at $0.99, so he didn't set the price but the buyers, it's ridiculous the end sale price but it wasn't the seller, it was the demand that set that price, so I guess it's time to start selling all your unwanted items and flood the market and lets see if goes for the same price over and over, if that's not the case then we can say that the real value for a Wampa U85 it's no more than $30 .
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

Wow, crazy.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt__Brenn_Tantor View Post
    if that's not the case then we can say that the real value for a Wampa U85 it's no more than $30 .
    I wasn't talking about the 'value' of a U85 Wampa. I was talking about a loose Wampa in the same condition. Some clown opening up a sealed box, getting it entombed with a sticker on it, jacks its value $350? Stupid, and as I tried to make a point of in my first post, it shows the ridiculousness of the "U" grade and how it over inflates prices. Will we suddenly see an upswing in U graded Wampas after this fiasco now?

Oh, and more power to the seller - IF he wasn't the one who sent it in to be opened by AFA.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian_C; 05-19-2013 at 01:30 PM.

You can buy a beater to send in yourself and get graded probably for less than half that price. You can't fix stupid but something is only worth what people will pay for it and I guess this item was worth it to a couple folks....
    --
    ICT - Ion-Cannon Technician Class III
    LimeLight
    Feedback

Ha! That is crazy - but it is starting to make me a believer in the power of AFA grading as a seller. Im really starting to think I should get my C9 figures graded before selling to maximise profits.

The $400 U grade Wampa has even discoloured in the box - look at the pinking around the legs!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsai_Tree_Ent View Post
    Ha! That is crazy - but it is starting to make me a believer in the power of AFA grading as a seller. Im really starting to think I should get my C9 figures graded before selling to maximise profits.

The $400 U grade Wampa has even discoloured in the box - look at the pinking around the legs!
    I agree, and I can't stand AFA or grading services period. That hologram sticker just serves to distort the market and peoples' expectations. Just the same, if I ever decide to sell I'll definitely get my nicer figures graded. If it makes an item sell for ten times the price (or more), why wouldn't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian_C View Post
    I wasn't talking about the 'value' of a U85 Wampa. I was talking about a loose Wampa in the same condition. Some clown opening up a sealed box, getting it entombed with a sticker on it, jacks its value $350? Stupid, and as I tried to make a point of in my first post, it shows the ridiculousness of the "U" grade and how it over inflates prices. Will we suddenly see an upswing in U graded Wampas after this fiasco now?

Oh, and more power to the seller - IF he wasn't the one who sent it in to be opened by AFA.

Ian
    I can careless about a graded figure, the U grade stands for uneducated, to me a loose ungraded has more value than a graded one, people forget that these are toys that were meant to be played with and not collectables. You can complain all you want but until AFA stops using the U grade system we are going to see unfortunately more and more because of uneducated sellers feeding AFA asking crap like this . Just for the idiots that send items to AFA for an U grade, AFA handles them for the first time since they were packed by another human being, that's sad , I rather buy something that was played with but it was handled with care all these years that still looks like new today .
    Ian_C and assemblyrequired like this.
    -VICTORY IS OURS-
    -YOU WILL JOIN US-
    visit your imperial recruitment center now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast