Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: jedi need blasters?

Commander

jedi need blasters?

Okay so why would a jedi good or bad need a blaster? luke skywalker carried one with him for a long time so did quinlan vos. It just makes no sense to me.

Banned

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid.

This was also the wrong section of the forums to have posed this question Ryan12.
    Ian_C likes this.

Personal preference. Just about anything can be explained that way.

In-universe, Luke was trained with a lightsaber for a few hours. Everything else is self-taught. By Return of the Jedi, when he proclaimed that he was a Jedi, he didn't carry one. The line when Luke is turned over to Vader - "He was armed only with this" - was intentional, I believe, to show that he no longer carried a blaster and was a Jedi.

Quinlan Vos, from what I've seen, at least, spent much of his time either not knowing that he was a Jedi, or undercover as someone who was not a Jedi. Everyone else carries a blaster.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pohatu771 View Post
    Personal preference. Just about anything can be explained that way.

In-universe, Luke was trained with a lightsaber for a few hours. Everything else is self-taught. By Return of the Jedi, when he proclaimed that he was a Jedi, he didn't carry one. The line when Luke is turned over to Vader - "He was armed only with this" - was intentional, I believe, to show that he no longer carried a blaster and was a Jedi.

Quinlan Vos, from what I've seen, at least, spent much of his time either not knowing that he was a Jedi, or undercover as someone who was not a Jedi. Everyone else carries a blaster.
    Luke did have a blaster at the beginning of ROTJ but it was taken by Jabba's dudes when he was captured in the palace. I think he even had one in the speeder bike chase on Endor. Luke probably only took his saber to look like a Jedi big boy when he meets up with his daddy.

Last edited by Darth_Engelhast; 05-15-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Luke took that blaster from a guard. He entered unarmed.

I don't recall a blaster on Endor either. Most of the action figures have one, but it isn't on the costume, as far as I can tell.
    Toonimator likes this.

distance....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by E_CHU_TA View Post
    distance....
    clumsy and random

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Engelhast View Post
    clumsy and random
    Obi-Wan vs. Grievous proves: clumsy and random can kill just bloody fine, thank you very much.
    Gilbar likes this.
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Engelhast View Post
    Luke did have a blaster at the beginning of ROTJ but it was taken by Jabba's dudes when he was captured in the palace. I think he even had one in the speeder bike chase on Endor. Luke probably only took his saber to look like a Jedi big boy when he meets up with his daddy.

He has that blaster for all of 2 seconds in the film and he stole it from a guard. Only the Luke Skywalker action figure carried a blaster on Endor.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Emperor

Yep. While the 2006 Endor Luke was neat in that he had a removable belt w/ a holster & blaster, it really wasn't accurate to the scene at all... just mimicking the vintage figure (which sported the same Jabba's Palace blaster for no apparent reason, and even a rudimentary 'working' holster! But, oddly, no lightsaber)
    Revanfan1 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast