Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Hasbro - Case Assortments Part 58,948.45 sub section H

Hasbro - Case Assortments Part 58,948.45 sub section H

Come on Hasbro. Come clean with us. We are all dying to know. Please answer just one question?

When you pick a case assortment for Star Wars, does whoever pick them get completely stoned, or smashed out of his face first on Vodka? Does he have something on the CEO that stops him getting fired?

We all just want to know how whoever does it, gets it so wrong year on year, and is left to carry on screwing it up year after year!!

GOOD LUCK ON THE BLACK SERIES SALES!!! Have anyone actually ordered any yet!! I like the embargo, so no one can offer pre-orders on them. Afraid of the pre-sell figures are we? This collection is going to crash and burn so badly its not even going to be funny. I wonder if lack of photos of product so far is significant??????

Don't forget for wave 3, to carry over a couple of Biggs, and Anakins and lots lots more Troopers again. At a higher price point, these waves are sure to outsell every figure in history of figures!

Oh and more army building Troopers please. Only 5 in wave 2, and people are bound to buy these in high number at high prices. After all we haven't seen any CLone for years!! Maybe Anakin with a clone helmet. There's an idea for you!! Two birds. One Stone and all that.

NOTE TO DISNEY. Please sort Hasbro out. They couldn't be getting more wrong if they tried!

NOTE TO HASBRO. Whoever is picking these assortments, please move them on. Get them clean the rabbit hutch out, or something else important like that, I'm sure even they could manage that, and put someone in charge who more interested in selling this stuff, rather than how important they think they are............................

Some very valid points.

The recent Marvel Universe case on BBTS has only two new figures and the rest of repacks. And it's the same repacks we have gotten for the last year. So I can only assume it's not just SW but other lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolingbroke View Post
    I really wouldn't want to be the girlfriend/wife of some of the members of this board ...

I understand EVERYTHING WayneStarActionF is talking about. But let me make a recommendation...

Stop collecting hasbro. I did, and I feel... absolutly relieved, and elated that I don't have to worry about this stuff any more. It's such a relaxing feeling and I can now focus on more fun things like vintage Star Wars, GI Joe and Transformers and Gentle Giant.

Just a suggestion, take it or leave it. But I was once where you are, frustrated with everything Hasbro, getting told off by other scummers who defend Hasbro to no end, and then, I just stopped after TVC, and this black series, doesn't even effect me in the least. And it's wonderful and liberating. I feel so relieved and stress free over this. I just wish to pass on the feeling to others.
    My Feedback
    TK-9433
    nWo 4 LIFE!
    [-o-] (-o-) [-o-]

Quote Originally Posted by ihnken33 View Post
    I understand EVERYTHING WayneStarActionF is talking about. But let me make a recommendation...

Stop collecting hasbro. I did, and I feel... absolutly relieved, and elated that I don't have to worry about this stuff any more. It's such a relaxing feeling and I can now focus on more fun things like vintage Star Wars, GI Joe and Transformers and Gentle Giant.

Just a suggestion, take it or leave it. But I was once where you are, frustrated with everything Hasbro, getting told off by other scummers who defend Hasbro to no end, and then, I just stopped after TVC, and this black series, doesn't even effect me in the least. And it's wonderful and liberating. I feel so relieved and stress free over this. I just wish to pass on the feeling to others.
    Or you can continue collecting Hasbro, but not be so obsessive about owning every single item that they produce. I've always cherry picked the figures I want and ignored everything else. For instance, I bought maybe 6 or 7 all-new TVC figures in 2012 and ignored just about everything else Hasbro released that year, but I still consider it to be one of my best collecting years ever. I might have slipped into completism once or twice over the years, but I burn out on that quickly as I've learned that having a "complete" collection is highly overrated.

So, just toss out the completist mindset and you will find your stress levels reduced dramatically and you'll actually start to enjoy collecting again.

Simply another suggestion that people can take or leave.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Agreed. I set out to be a completist in 1995 and stopped myself from buying a second set of POTF2 wave 1 on the grounds of cost and that I really didn't actually like them as much as I though I should do, if I was being honest with myself. Then those awful jetpack Han and Stormtrooper figures came out closely followed by Shadows of the Empire (EU!! YUK!) and I have been comfortable with picking and choosing ever since.
    Am I the only Scummer who thinks that everything about Rebels so far is HORRIBLE ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Or you can continue collecting Hasbro, but not be so obsessive about owning every single item that they produce. I've always cherry picked the figures I want and ignored everything else. For instance, I bought maybe 6 or 7 all-new TVC figures in 2012 and ignored just about everything else Hasbro released that year, but I still consider it to be one of my best collecting years ever. I might have slipped into completism once or twice over the years, but I burn out on that quickly as I've learned that having a "complete" collection is highly overrated.

So, just toss out the completist mindset and you will find your stress levels reduced dramatically and you'll actually start to enjoy collecting again.

Simply another suggestion that people can take or leave.
    That mindset might work for you, and I'm glad it does. However, even if I was to cherry pick the figures that interest me the most, its still too much of a hassle trying to fight with other collectors over the same figures because the ones you don't want, guess what, neither does anyone else. It's a vicious cycle. And the case assortments, availability and price of these products on initial run is horribly frustrating, and the secondary market is so laughable with inflation, that, like my original point suggests, its so much easier to just stop and let others deal with it. And that's the route I have chosen.

I no longer choose to support this company due to the laundry list of complaints over the years. Take your pick as to which one applies to me, because during my peak hasbro frustration, they all applied at any given point. Seriously though, ever since I have stopped and told myself I was done, I feel so much more relaxed. I haven't been in a toy isle in about 6 months now, and just walk by it knowing there is nothing for me there because I have shifted my focus. Its so liberating.
    My Feedback
    TK-9433
    nWo 4 LIFE!
    [-o-] (-o-) [-o-]

I've never been a completionist, and I had plenty of stress and trouble trying to get the figures I did want from vintage collection. These black collection assortments are absurd, and show what little understanding hasbro has of their problems from the last few years. Add that to the list of dozens of boneheaded moves hasbro has been making across many of their brands and licenses.

I think Wayne is right. I expect a vicious crash and burn of TBS early on and those supposedly-ready figures many collectors actually do want (Yak Face, Ree Yees, Hammer Head, Lobot) will not see light of day as a result.
    Am I the only Scummer who thinks that everything about Rebels so far is HORRIBLE ?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbarada View Post
    Or you can continue collecting Hasbro, but not be so obsessive about owning every single item that they produce.
    But it's not so much about needing to own everything, but the simple idea that you might actually want one of the figurs they are releasing.

I don't buy every single figure from MU or SW, but it seems like the few that I do want are the hardest to get.
    Meanwhile the other stuff is literally stockpiling up with each new case arrival!

I'm not saying I need the figure as soon as they're shipped, but having to wait a whole year can be frustrating to say the least...
    Looking for: MU Northstar. Falcon from CA2. Have: MU Captain America, Grim Reaper, Hyperion, WW Hulk.

Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast