Thread: Denver Comic Con

Denver Comic Con

Anyone else going? I haven't been to this one before and have no idea what to expect if I do. Thinking of just doing the day pass on Sat to get a feel. Has there been a collecting hall in the past where I can drop some cabbage on stuff for my collection?

Does anyone know how much autograph tixs are? Love to meet George T, Peter and Erin Grey, but also don't want to drop serious cash either except for maybe George. Last Con I went to was C3 and had a blast, but of course that was all Star Wars and loved every second. Fond memories! But I'm not sure what to expect for DCC.

Next year, SDCC!
    Last edited by K3PO; 05-11-2013 at 05:54 AM.

I was there last year, will be there this year as well. It's good! Quite different than Starfest - this is your classic convention hall convention. The dealers are pretty decent from what I remember. You could probably check the website for autograph prices.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

I plan on going Saturday. I skipped last year but I know a bunch of the artists and other guests signing this year.
    Dear Disney, if you want to bring back the SW Fan Club -contact me.

Rear Admiral

Did not go last year, but wanted to go this year to check out dealer room. However, mom's retirement party in CA takes precedence over geeking out a bit at the convention center. Next year though ...

Captain

I'll be there Saturday. I hope it's a large upgrade over Starfest.

Hey Guys,
    Come by both 704 and get some modern/vintage items from us!!! Also...Friday night we plan on having the first annual CO/WY/NM Modern/Vintage collectors group....all types of collectors are welcome. It will happen at the Old Chicago(1415 Market St, Denver, CO) closest to the convention center. Let's aim for 9:00. Matt will be the name used to hold the reservation.

If you are wanting to sell your modern or vintage bring it by too!!!! We are in the market.

The Starfest dealer room is always horrible!!!
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?

Hey guys. Update on dinner time. 930....the con has stayed open till 900. Sorry about that.

Captain

Had a great time at the con today. An interesting "future of Star Wars" panel this afternoon. I still am amazed at all the Prequel hate out there. Every panelist took every opportunity they could to bash the prequels. I fully understand they're not cinematic classics, but I think it's time to move on.

Picked up an eFX Ep IV Stormtrooper helmet. Lots of SW stuff on the floor, but not many people selling vintage SW comics books. I'll hopefully have a bit more luck hunting tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by colwildcat View Post
    Had a great time at the con today. An interesting "future of Star Wars" panel this afternoon. I still am amazed at all the Prequel hate out there. Every panelist took every opportunity they could to bash the prequels. I fully understand they're not cinematic classics, but I think it's time to move on.

Picked up an eFX Ep IV Stormtrooper helmet. Lots of SW stuff on the floor, but not many people selling vintage SW comics books. I'll hopefully have a bit more luck hunting tomorrow.
    Come to booth 407 for Star Wars!!!

Not sure why the prequels are hated. Who doesn't like to watch more of Star Wars????
    My Feedback
    WTB SISE FROMM C9 MOC!!
    Any loose C9 Ledy's Does anybody on RS sell these anymore?