Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Interesting Rocket Firing Fett...

Interesting Rocket Firing Fett...

I'm not going to out a live auction. So no link is included... But if you search real easily "Prototype Fett" you'll find it : )
    Let's hear what your thoughts are... On a side note I am not advertising as I have no clue who the seller is... I'd just like to hear the facts. The facts will teach others and that's what this thread is about.
    -S
    Last edited by The_Dark_Artist; 04-08-2013 at 08:07 PM.

I saw it earlier. My first thoughts were, if its been dipped in real gold, its probably worth as much as the gold is. I wouldn't want something like that in my collection, but thats just me, and I'm a Fett fan.

Hard to believe Kenner would use the wrong "your," even on a plaque.

4. Thanks from: jimmii

Interesting, that's the second time I've heard that Kevin : )

Fleet Admiral

IS that the right stance for the figure ? The legs I mean. I'm no fett expert , but given a couple of hours and a plaque shop I could make one very similar. I would imagine if the sell had photos , letters from his dad to back it up it might lend more credence .

-James

Quote Originally Posted by assemblyrequired View Post
    I would imagine if the sell had photos , letters from his dad to back it up it might lend more credence .
    -James
    Yeah, I thought about that after my initial post. He'd have to have some serious provenance for an item like that.

I guess what pulled me in was the provenance, or questions of it. I saw the price tag 10k and up. I got screwed on a LL Jawa a year ago. I almost quit collecting! OVER a $500 figure! Then I see this and it makes me worry. This is why I am so anal about documenting my own prototype collection. It should be honest and truthful.
    This info is what makes me scratch my head... If it is real, COOL, but if it is not, then be careful... 10k is a lot and I'd hate to see someone pay that kind of money for a fake... It all comes down to provenance and if it holds true, my apologies. BUT, as I said before this thread is made to educate not point fingers.
    Gotta LOVE "THESE GEEKS" comments...

" I WAS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE A MASSED A LARGE AMOUNT OF RARE VINTAGE STAR WARS FIGURES HAVING A FAMILY MEMBER WORKING RIGHT AT KENNER CANADA. I SOLD A NUMBER OF MY VINTAGE CARDED AND SEVERAL SEARS CANADA MULTI PACKS THROUGH HERITAGE AUCTIONS IN NEW YORK CITY BUT THEIR AUCTIONS FEE'S WERE SO HIGH THAT I DECIDED AT THE TIME NOT TO SELL THIS JEM!!

PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS AND OFFERS BUT PLEASE NO LOW BALL OFFERS OR INSULTS FROM SO CALLED EXPERTS IN STAR WARS ACTION FIGURES AS I HAVE EXCHANGED EMAILS FROM A FEW GUYS DURING MY AUCTIONS THROUGH HERITAGE IN NEW YORK AND THESE GEEKS REALLY NEED TO TAKE THINGS A LITTLE LESS SERIOUSLY AND MAYBE DO A LITTLE MORE RESEARCH INTO CANADIAN STAR WARS FIGURES THAT WERE PRODUCED ONLY IN CANADA. I'M ALSO CONSIDERING OTHER FORMS OF PAYMENT OTHER THAN PAYPAL THAT WILL SAVE BOTH ME AND THE BUYER SOME MONEY."

Emperor's Hand

I find it highly dubious because there are now custom gold metalized RocketFetts available on ebay and this one looks no different. This is one of the Mark Poon RocketFett cards and the figure is most likely a metalized Poon figure as well.

BobaGoldvintage1 - Rebelscum Photo Hosting
    bobagoldvintage2 - Rebelscum Photo Hosting

However, the grammatical mistake of "Your Out of This World" [not "You're"] on the plaque to me is a huge red flag. Certainly if this were a retirement gift then several people would have been involved in the design and construction, then had a look at it when it was done and at least one of those people would have noticed the obvious grammatical error.

Now count how many similar grammatical and spelling errors are in the eBay description (I marked 7) and it makes you wonder who really created that plaque.

UP FOR AUCTION IS MOST LIKELY ONE OF THE RAREST IF NOT THE MOST RARE VINTAGE 3 3/4 STAR WARS PROTOTYPE THERE IS IN EXISTANCE [sic]!! I HAVE TREASURED THIS IN MY PERSONAL COLLECTION FOR CLOSE TO 30 YEARS. MY FATHER WORKED FOR KENNER CANADA FOR 15 YEARS AND I STILL REMEMBER COMING WITH HIM TO THEIR HEAD OFFICE AT 43 HANNA AVE IN TORONTO CANADA. THIS WAS A GIFT TO MY FATHER WHEN HE RETIRED. THE BASE HAS A FEW DINGS FROM BEING MOVED AROUND AND LOOKED AT OVER THE YEARS. IT NEVER CAME WITH THE MISSLE [sic] AND I HAVE NEVER TRIED TO OPERATE IT TO SEE IF IT WORKED. IT HAS A SPRING AND APPEARS INTACT. I KNOW OF ONLY ONE OTHER KENNER CANADA EMPLOYEE TO HAVE EVERY RECIEVED [sic] A SIMULAR [sic] GIFT BUT IT WAS NOT THE MISSLE [sic] FIRING BOBA FETT. I'M ATTEMPTING TO CONTACT THE FAMILY TO SEE IF THEY STILL HAVE IT OR IF THEY JUST THREW IT OUT... LETS HOPE NOT!!!!

THIS GOLD PLATED (NOT SPRAY PAINTED) MISSLE [sic] FIRING BOBA FETT IS MOUNTED TO A CHERRY WOOD BASE WITH PLAQUE THAT READS " HAPPY RETIREMENT STEVEN- YOUR OUT OF THIS WORLD!- FROM ALL YOUR FRIENDS AT KENNER CANADA LTD & IRWIN TOYS." WAS GIVEN TO MY FATHER WHEN HE RETIRED IN THE MID 80'S. MY FATHER PAST [sic] AWAY A FEW YEARS BACK AND NOW I FEEL IT IS TIME TO LET THIS TREASURE GO. I WAS VERY LUCKY TO HAVE A MASSED [sic] A LARGE AMOUNT OF RARE VINTAGE STAR WARS FIGURES HAVING A FAMILY MEMBER WORKING RIGHT AT KENNER CANADA. I SOLD A NUMBER OF MY VINTAGE CARDED AND SEVERAL SEARS CANADA MULTI PACKS THROUGH HERITAGE AUCTIONS IN NEW YORK CITY BUT THEIR AUCTIONS FEE'S WERE SO HIGH THAT I DECIDED AT THE TIME NOT TO SELL THIS JEM [sic]!!

PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS AND OFFERS BUT PLEASE NO LOW BALL OFFERS OR INSULTS FROM SO CALLED EXPERTS IN STAR WARS ACTION FIGURES AS I HAVE EXCHANGED EMAILS FROM A FEW GUYS DURING MY AUCTIONS THROUGH HERITAGE IN NEW YORK AND THESE GEEKS REALLY NEED TO TAKE THINGS A LITTLE LESS SERIOUSLY AND MAYBE DO A LITTLE MORE RESEARCH INTO CANADIAN STAR WARS FIGURES THAT WERE PRODUCED ONLY IN CANADA. I'M ALSO CONSIDERING OTHER FORMS OF PAYMENT OTHER THAN PAYPAL THAT WILL SAVE BOTH ME AND THE BUYER SOME MONEY.

He has some obvious disdain for "experts", but lists no names of who he talked to so it's a pretty lame blanket statement. I have a number of Kenner (U.S. not Canada) employee items and awards and nothing even close to this has turned up.

I've bounced some emails with other folks so I'll have them chime in with their comments as a lot of good points have been made that I won't attempt to take credit for.

-chris
    Last edited by ChrisGeorgoulias; 04-08-2013 at 10:32 PM.
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive
    www.theswca.com
    chris@toysrgus.com

"THESE GEEKS REALLY NEED TO TAKE THINGS A LITTLE LESS SERIOUSLY AND MAYBE DO A LITTLE MORE RESEARCH INTO CANADIAN STAR WARS FIGURES THAT WERE PRODUCED ONLY IN CANADA"

I didn't know the Rocket Firing Fett was produced in Canada? I thought it was produced in Cinci, USA?

Fleet Admiral

well Chris , if you can't figure it out , no one can. ..lol ..

-James

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast