Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Shill Bidding "Extraordinaire"?

Line Captain

Vice Admiral

I can't believe all those actual bids places all by the same person, that's just wrong, but then in the end someone else was willing to pay more for it than his shill bids.

You'd think a Falcon that big would have been made to better scale. That big cockpit drives me nuts on my BMF. It just looks even worse on this beast.

He had this listed previously if you check his completed auctions. No one bid at a $1k starting price, but it IS pickup only. You'd spend a few hundred on renting a truck and gas alone. The winning bidder might have got it cheaper this time around if they contacted him directly after seeing that it didn't sell the first time around.

I can't believe he had this mounted on a staircase wall. These are really large in person so if you have no room to hang it upright, I guess that's the next option. His wife/girlfriend looks like she wants it out of the house. I've seen almost a dozen of these for sale over the past 10 years or so but very few that are complete, working and have no damage. I only wish I had high enough ceilings. Lol!

James
    DJ121 likes this.
    Star Wars stuff is a horrible investment. Star Wars fans are always broke because all they buy is Ramen noodles, peanut butter and Kenny Baker autographs.

Huh! One of these walked into the Secret Stash (AMC's "Comic Book Men") and the proprietor bought it for $1300 IIRC. Very cool item.

d.

Can you say price gouging.
    My feedback thread

Operation Crackdown: Getting rid of corrupt people one day at a time.

Line Captain

No kidding. I was actually watching this one because I had just bought one on the other end of the state myself. It was in nowhere near as good a condition, but also nowhere near that price either.

•    
    My father worked for TRU durring this promo. He begged, pleaded and offered to buy it I don't know how many times for me. The store mgr was a total Dic k about it.

The thing that seems the most obvious is that it was a brand new member of ebay. No previous transactions. One hell of a budget, apparently. I'm shocked he got someone to pay that much for it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SABRESEDGE View Post
    He had this listed previously if you check his completed auctions. No one bid at a $1k starting price, but it IS pickup only. You'd spend a few hundred on renting a truck and gas alone. The winning bidder might have got it cheaper this time around if they contacted him directly after seeing that it didn't sell the first time around.

I can't believe he had this mounted on a staircase wall. These are really large in person so if you have no room to hang it upright, I guess that's the next option. His wife/girlfriend looks like she wants it out of the house. I've seen almost a dozen of these for sale over the past 10 years or so but very few that are complete, working and have no damage. I only wish I had high enough ceilings. Lol!

James

I agree It was complete and functioning that was why it went for so much . Every single time you see these there is always something wrong almost all the time . I don't know if it merits this dough .

Banned

•    
    I honestly think most bidding auctions contain shill bidding, which is part of the reason I usually only do the buy it now or best offer options on ebay.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast