Thread: Best figure stands - 2013

Rear Admiral

Best figure stands - 2013

Last thread I could find on this was from 2009. And a couple others before that.

Since Real Stands are gone (and I got the impression were relatively pricey), what's the best stand on the market?

1. Protech?
    2. Are Protech's stands any better. Read a few reports of them breaking.
    3. Is clear better than black?
    4. Are there different sizes for narrow/wide stances ... for vintage figs?
    5. Not sure if this is OK but has anybody bought from checkerboardshoes on eBay? He apparently makes them and sells 100 for $20 or so. He has 100% feedback ... but I'm curious.
    6. How heavy are stands? Are they worth having? Or do you figs fall over even on stands?

Thanks,
    Matt

I like these stands alot that work great for the vintage figures:

Earth Gray Stands for Vintage Star Wars figures and others

I have the clear protech stands, before those i used the black ones, but those black where prone to breaking at the peg. Never had this problem with the clear ones. These stands wich fit all your vintage figures and no figures will tumble over when on these stands.

Some also prefer the smaller stand (don't know what the name/brand) as the protech are on the big side.

HWR

I use the rectangular black stands from The Earth for most of my figures and the circular large protech stands for figures with a wider stance, eg. Gammorrean Guard, Rancor Keeper, Imperial Gunner etc.

•    
    I use the small size clear protech stands but i have a few of the larger size clear protech stabds for the figures with a wider stance.
    WTB: R5-D4 Pre-production Stuff | WTB: Pre Production Stuff | FS/FT: Pre-production Stuff
    Looking for ANY pre production items for R5-D4!!
    Looking for R5-D4 POTF proof card!!
    Looking for White Coat Bib Fortuna!!

Rear Admiral

So how many?

Quote Originally Posted by olisuds View Post
    I use the small size clear protech stands but i have a few of the larger size clear protech stabds for the figures with a wider stance.
    So I have all the original figs.

How many stands should I buy and how? What's the most affordable way? And how many wide stance vs how many narrow stance stands do I need?

Thanks all for the replies!!! One of my favorite bunch of forums here at Rebelscum.com.

Matt

•    
    You can buy both on eBay. As for how many of each you need well that's a difficult question. Firstly what do you consider a complete set? Well I won't start that debate because everyone has a different opinion on that. Secondly some figures have wide or narrow stances - just depends how the factory churns them out. A lot of the Jedi figures and POTF figures do have wider stances though. Also some figures don't really need stands like Fx7, R2, R5, Power Droid.

I've got a full set of 96 and about 20 variants / prototypes in my display cases so I went with 100 small stands and 20 large.

Quote Originally Posted by buck16 View Post
    So I have all the original figs.

How many stands should I buy and how? What's the most affordable way? And how many wide stance vs how many narrow stance stands do I need?

Thanks all for the replies!!! One of my favorite bunch of forums here at Rebelscum.com.

Matt
    WTB: R5-D4 Pre-production Stuff | WTB: Pre Production Stuff | FS/FT: Pre-production Stuff
    Looking for ANY pre production items for R5-D4!!
    Looking for R5-D4 POTF proof card!!
    Looking for White Coat Bib Fortuna!!