Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By darthalvin
  • 1 Post By nesguy
  • 3 Post By DarkArtist
  • 1 Post By ChancellorStrife

Thread: Will Disney Resurrect the Star Wars Fan Club?

Will Disney Resurrect the Star Wars Fan Club?

One advantage of Disney Purchasing lucasfilms is that Disney has a "club" for just about everything. They also cater to collectors - various disney sponsored conventions.
    They understand that fans especially die hard fans want and demand quality exclusive merchandise. They want limited edition cool merchandise....my house is full of those items!

I predict the star wars fan club and a more exclusive collectors fan club will be created. Only good times ahead for star wars fans.

darthalvin

I sincerely hope this is the case. I miss the days of the old fan club that had a catalog in the magazine and you got membership kits and exclusive merch offers. That was... before the dark times.
    Jay_the_Lesser likes this.

3. Thanks from: darthalvin

•    
    I'm actually in the process of trying to organize a SW club similiar to the G.I. Joe Collector's club for fans. I've have sent letters to Disney, Hasbro and Lucasfilm as well as Titan Publishing to see if they would work with my idea to launch an all new SW club that caters to the collector at heart. I'm hoping for a positive response from them with hopefully a go ahead to launch.

If I get the opportunity to start this club I'll be looking for help in running the club, organizing membership and coming up with exclusive merchandise that will only be for the members. i would love to work closely with Hasbro in making figures that the fans have been asking for years as well as vehicles and even playsets/dioramas.
    Longing for the Good Old Kenner Days where SW Figures were in great supply and everyone was able to find their favorite characters etc..... Hasbro you need to follow this example ! Darkartist2014.tumblr.com

I must say, I never considered that aspect of the buyout. I think this would be awesome to announce at, say, Celebration Europe II and that there would be club perks at C VII.
    my_kind_of_scum likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    I'm actually in the process of trying to organize a SW club similiar to the G.I. Joe Collector's club for fans. I've have sent letters to Disney, Hasbro and Lucasfilm as well as Titan Publishing to see if they would work with my idea to launch an all new SW club that caters to the collector at heart. I'm hoping for a positive response from them with hopefully a go ahead to launch.

If I get the opportunity to start this club I'll be looking for help in running the club, organizing membership and coming up with exclusive merchandise that will only be for the members. i would love to work closely with Hasbro in making figures that the fans have been asking for years as well as vehicles and even playsets/dioramas.
    I'm all for this, and I have some experience in this area. Bottom line was, having the SW Fan Club cost Lucasfilm 'some' kind of money -so they did without it altogether. Even Titan's now 'fan' version of SW Insider is a joke. Hardly anything new except for Clone Wars news. I'd like some real quality to be returned to SW fans.
    Dear Disney, if you want to bring back the SW Fan Club -contact me.

I would love it for the fan club to return. And if it ended up offering figures like the GI Joe club, it would be even better. I've been enjoying the Insider again lately now that it has gone back to featuring short fiction, but it still is pretty light on content. I definitely miss having an active fan club and as that is something Disney is good at running, I hope they get something running.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, mosep.
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/