Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree168Likes

Thread: All Expanded Universe Burnt?

All Expanded Universe Burnt?

Here are 2 'facts' as i see them.

Lucasfilm, with plans to release episode 7, have authorised Kotobukiya (bishojou line - so far nil movie character inclusions) to produce and distribute at least 2 models from the EU which could very possibly be included within the new sequels.. That being the captivating Jaina Solo, child of Han and Leia, and Mara Jade, apparent wife of Luke Skywalker. This action of Lucasfilm authenticates some EU as being accepted and included within the new saga(?).. I hope this is true, for all our sakes. The one thing that bites me in relation to what we know so far about episode 7 is that all EU (as we know it) is to be discarded and forgotten about for a new story line??! I can't see how Lucasfilm/Disney can completely disregard all time, monies, discussions and faith we, as fans (their bread and butter), have invested into EU.. Remember that all EU has, at one stage or another, been authorised to be included in the Star Wars story arcs we now discuss quite frequently. How can just 90% or more of EU be thrown to the side?

I think that if Lucasfilm/Disney wishes for us all to remain interested in the EU marketing line then perhaps they have to acknowledge at least parts of it within the new saga..?!

Thoughts..

What would you like to see from the EU to be included in the new trilogy?

About 99% of everything post ROTJ is invalid. Save for the characters, but all the events, saga's are now useless. When I says characters I'm meaning that they might use Jacen solo but will more then likely change his story.
    Choi likes this.
    "God will always look after 'The Guy in the Chair'"

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing_Well View Post
    About 99% of everything post ROTJ is invalid. Save for the characters, but all the events, saga's are now useless. When I says characters I'm meaning that they might use Jacen solo but will more then likely change his story.
    None of it was ever VALID in the first place. It has always been its own separate entity. Just enjoy what we have for heavens sake...
    Last edited by AllSystemsGo; 02-22-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    Sharp and Deathbymonkeys like this.
    Am I crazy? Or am I so sane that I blew your mind?

GNT

Just because it's getting written over atm doesn't mean all these comics etc are erased, you can still read them anytime you want but just think of them as from an alternate universe.

About 99% of everything post ROTJ is invalid.
    100% is "about" 99% you know
    "Do you have problems interacting with people on a personal level? Because you seem to be very hostile and defensive as well as not very bright. And I'm adding you to my blocked list, because I don't need aggravation from some childish internet a-hole during my day." Said the first adult to the second, because the second didn't like a cartoon.

Banned

I don't see why EU fans just can't read the comics and novels and then complain that the new movies aren't as good. Sounds like a win/win situation to me.

In my mind, the Star Wars universe will eventually become somewhat like those of Marvel and DC. There is so much material coming out of those brands that there isn't one set-in-stone continuity, fans kind of pick and choose. Granted, Star Wars will always have things like the films and The Clone Wars as G-Level canon, but perhaps everything else could be considered alternative "tales" within the mythology.

-This is the most I expect to happen, they'll keep the names/relations as a nod to the EU fans, but they may completly change their stories, which is fine with me. The only post-ROTJ story I ever cared for was Thrawn, and these films will likely be too far in the future to mess with that.
    Toonimator and Revanfan1 like this.
    Most wanted figures : Captain Panaka, Rogwa Wodrata, Cin Drallig, Tivizzit, General Riekan, Taym Dren-Garen, Jastus Farr, and Tera Sinube. And a Dactillon.
    --My Photonovel : http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1110455/

As I see it, we won't know what's been wiped out and what still works until the movies come out. I think too many people are assuming either the whole EU gets scrapped or the EU gets incorporated. Point is, we won't know for two years.
    EnigmaticOne likes this.
    Wedge is a Tribe fan.

Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast