Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ebay seller advertises one thing sends another

I sympathize with you. I was worried about something like this possibly happening when I was bidding on it, after seeing his other correctly identified auction. I had even saved the pics from the auction myself, just in case I won and this type of thing were to happen. He obviously knows that he sent you the incorrect figure.

I wish you luck with getting it straightened out.

Admiral

oh so you are familiar with :/ yh ive opened a case so lets see . money back or figure so ill know soon i guess

Quote Originally Posted by fettfocus View Post
    I sympathize with you. I was worried about something like this possibly happening when I was bidding on it, after seeing his other correctly identified auction. I had even saved the pics from the auction myself, just in case I won and this type of thing were to happen. He obviously knows that he sent you the incorrect figure.

I wish you luck with getting it straightened out.

Yep... would be a nice deal if he makes good on it like he should.

Again... Good Luck with it!

Admiral

so i finally got a response from the seller

Message from merchant: Hello, I have search every where for the figure and cannot find it. Here is a refund and you can keep the figure I sent you for your trouble. Sorry for any inconvenience.

A few months back, I won a part for a M.A.S.K. playset. I sent payment, seller messages me soon after that he will post it. A few days later, he contacts me and tells me he looked up and down and couldn't find the item. He refunds my payment but promises to contact me if it should reappear. Stuff happens so I let the situation slide.

I found the part a few weeks later and paid 10 times the amount, but chalked it up as a win because it's an extremely difficult part to find.

While trying to look for a few other parts, I noticed, literally 90 days after the transaction, the same seller listing the part I was told they couldn't find. For 3 times what I paid for it the first time he listed it an "lost" it. I had the part already, but the hold-up for 90 days before relisting it (which I'm pretty certain was their way of safeguarding their feedback from getting negged) just left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Admiral

wow.. some sellers just arent happy with end results of auctions.

but this one seems like it was a complete dodgy deal.. i bid, he sends the "wrong one" after much argument claims it was a genuine mistake and will rectify it by sending it then today sends me that.. i doubt he had it in the first place.

trompcrush thats his seller id

just be careful of him

The only thing i would say, having seen the auction myself at the time is his description was pretty loose with any real details, i'm in no way defending him, far from it - the photos should tally with the description always unless clearly noted. He didn't actually represent the figure as a Tri/Pali no coo scar though, you were going on the pics alone which should have been enough but i think it was a pretty crafty ad, poor form.

Admiral

well the pic is what i was buying. as the deription was just a Fett figure .. nothing more nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by BespinFatigues View Post
    The only thing i would say, having seen the auction myself at the time is his description was pretty loose with any real details, i'm in no way defending him, far from it - the photos should tally with the description always unless clearly noted. He didn't actually represent the figure as a Tri/Pali no coo scar though, you were going on the pics alone which should have been enough but i think it was a pretty crafty ad, poor form.

I have seen seller 'steal' other pictures on Ebay to sell their stuff. Some are uneducated enough to think that all Boba Fetts look alike so think they will get away with it. The funniest thing I saw was someone trying to sell a loose Leia Boussh figure with a picture of a female wearing a Boussh prop mask !

I wonder if that has been the case here ?

Quote Originally Posted by javd View Post
    well the pic is what i was buying. as the deription was just a Fett figure .. nothing more nothing less.
    True but it's still a lot of money to drop on a figure without having clarification of the COO in the description. I think that was the whole point of the ad, to deliberately not mention the COO and for the bidder to think they'd struck upon something the seller had no knowledge of. As i said, it was a very crafty ad and a deliberate ploy IMHO. I had the same experience a few years ago with a short mouth biker scout only to be sent the regular version.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast