Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Max Rebo has no arms

Max Rebo has no arms

Others are probably aware but just in case, I stumbled upon this article and I found it interesting...Kenner screwed up in 1984. Max Rebo doesn't have arms.

Star Wars Mysteries: Getting to the Bottom of Max Rebo | Star Wars Blog
    Last edited by Hutt; 02-21-2013 at 01:39 AM.

Banned

I wonder how he wipes his blg blue Max Rebo butt.

Thank god they "screwed up" that figure because if it was film accurate it would have been a super lameass toy.
    Last edited by Darth_Engelhast; 02-21-2013 at 04:50 AM.

Wow, I never knew this! Prefer him with arms, though, and in my head-canon he and all his species shall forever remain bipedal!
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

So Max Rebo is basically the original Sebulba with those legs. Lol
    Last edited by CadBane; 02-21-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

Pretty cool to see Max as originally intended, but I think I perfer the new look.
    I bent my Wookiee.

Emperor

I also kinda prefer the tubby guy w/ 4 limbs & big ears... but the legs-only Max, especially rethinking the ears as FLIPPERS, is pretty damn cool. I remember in Classic Creatures and/or the Lucasfilm Archives book, seeing preliminary Max stuff with JUST the legs and thinking "That looks weird... not how the action figure looks in the Kenner booklet"
    Revanfan1 likes this.

I think most of us are going to prefer what we thought he was meant to look like, because we're so used to it that it's really hard to picture him as this short two-legged thing sitting on a pillow. Even after seeing all of that, I look at the shot of Max as he looks on-film and I still see him as a fat guy sitting inside a big organ. My brain just refuses to see him as the original design there, no matter how much I try to force it to.
    Revanfan1 and Scarrviper like this.
    Reader: Guys, enough with the Obi-Wans. Can we get a new cantina alien instead?
    Hasbro: Thanks for the comment! We can't get enough Obi-Wan either! We just might make that Cantina Obi-Wan you want! Stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRook View Post
    I think most of us are going to prefer what we thought he was meant to look like, because we're so used to it that it's really hard to picture him as this short two-legged thing sitting on a pillow. Even after seeing all of that, I look at the shot of Max as he looks on-film and I still see him as a fat guy sitting inside a big organ. My brain just refuses to see him as the original design there, no matter how much I try to force it to.
    Same. Even looking at the picture of Max in the article all I saw was "tubby dude inside a round piano."
    Show your love for Imperial Commando 2!
    New figure wants: Zayne Carrick, Ben Skywalker, Anakin Solo
    Rerelease wants: Jacen and Jaina Solo

kk1
    High Admiral

I remember noticing that years ago, doesn't really matter since he never gets out of his instrument, that's the type of thing I'd love to see animated in the Clone Wars, someone of his species walking around on his "arms". I loved it when they made those IG droids moving around.

Lieutenant Commander notch_vader's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Engelhast View Post
    I wonder how he wipes his blg blue Max Rebo butt.

Thank god they "screwed up" that figure because if it was film accurate it would have been a super lameass toy.
    Lame or not, since Hasbro doesn't want to put out a new Rebo band because the POTF2 repaint did't sell so well , maybe this could be a good argument to convince them to update it. Obviously with screen accurate organ and puppet Sy Snootles in vintage style packaging.
    No,no! No! This one goes there, that one goes there! Right?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast