Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Kenner M.A.S.K.

Kenner M.A.S.K.

I looked around but didn't see a thread for MASK toys anywhere. Did I just miss it? If not, I know there must be more M.A.S.K. collectors out there, right?

I went back and bought a few MASK bits 5 or 6 years ago, but then got distracted by collecting other things at the time - I started because I really wanted another Rhino, and picked up a boxed example for a decent price. After that I got Scorpion, Condor, Piranha, Firefly (only because it was cheap) and T-Bob, all of which I remember having as a youngster, and switched my attention to to Jackhammer, but I spent my paypal funds on something else (I think an job lot of Transformers) and that was the end of my little run.

Will go back and get Jackhammer, Switchblade, Thunder Hawk and maybe Bolder Hill (which I never owned) one day. At present, aside from Star Wars, my collection consists of about 3 good guys and 3 bad guys from every toy line in the 80's.

MASK had the best commercials of the 80's! The toy commercial followed by that real life shot of someone in a mask standing next to a vehicle stirred the imagination so much - every car down the street was a potential MASK or VENOM operative.

Yea, I have a bunch buried in the garage that I need to dig out. I also have a not-overly big box in the closet of MASK vehicles in varying shape that I bought pretty cheap off of Craigslist about a year ago and still need to go through. Great line, and yea, definitely great commercials! I had an Iguana in an easy to get to spot, so I decided to do a review. Not my favorite from the line, but still a lot of fun.

Classics Corner: M.A.S.K. – Iguana with Lester Sludge

I love me some MASK! A childhood favorite, I've been collecting it off and on for the last few years. Through some contacts I've been able to buy some really nice collections. I'll have to dig up some pics.

Wow, I checked out some stuff on eBay, and it looks like the price on MASK stuff has gone up since I last checked a few years ago. I have quite a few out in the garage in boxes, but still a lot that I need.

I scored a huge collection of M.A.S.K. toys in their original boxes last summer. Out of the find came the most cherry Rhino I've ever seen.

I'm looking for a gas pump for the Boulder Hill playset. If anyone's got one, PM me.
    Last edited by finestcomics; 02-27-2013 at 10:13 AM.

I loved MASK as a kid, got into it as Star Wars started to tail off in the mid 80s. It all started off with Condor and after that I got a few of the vehicles and figures, plus some of the blister packs that had a repaint of a figure and a load of accessories- have fond memories of getting the arctic Bruce Sato one Christmas. Like SW, I couldn't part with my MASK stuff and I still have a soft spot for it; over the last few years I've bought the odd thing I didn't have back in the day, but prices do seem to be going up.

I really loved the M.A.S.K. toy line. It was like GI Joe meets Transformers. Good stuff, including the cartoon. Alas, I'm thinning out my collection, doing some spring cleaning, and sadly, some of my M.A.S.K. stuff has gotta go. I know for sure I'm looking to unload my Switchblade (complete with box) & Thunderhawk (complete with box), maybe more...
    I have binders full of astromechs.

The only M.A.S.K. item I have left these days is my View-Master reel set.
    Last edited by Darth_Scourge; 04-14-2013 at 03:29 AM.
    Star Wars fan since 1977.

Hi all

I have a growing MASK collection. This turned up today from AFA, shipping cost me a bomb!! Worth it though.

Anthony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast