Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Do you think the poll was a waste of time really???

•    

Do you think the poll was a waste of time really???

When we were discussing these mini helmets last year & all talking about starting a poll I was hopeful it would lead to possible fruition..., personally I think the poll results more than proved there is a market for many new 0.45 scale helmets to be made, was I alone on this train of thought??? I know Julian brought the question up recently in the Q&A thread (thanks for that as these helmets are always on my collection want list..., still missing a couple of the Master Replicas helmets so they stay fresh in my mind really). Anyway, I realise it takes time for anything to get made really but I'm pretty certain they can make the Tie Fighter Pilot helmet with a minimum of effort seeing as Riddell had already made one (just not released it), so there's an easy start for them there as far as I'm aware..., I appreciate that Gentle Giant may have many other lines to concentrate on which is totally understandable BUT if they can't do anything with the licence then WHY get the rights for it in the first place??? I say DO SOMETHING IN THIS LINE or let someone else like eFX have the licence..., technically I think they should have the licence anyway, they are Master Replicas in another form after all.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I like the scaled helmet line. They are not 100% accurate, but even so they are great collectible pieces, and personally I have all the Imperials already. I wish they would make the other Imperial helmets, the Rebels, Aliens (Boushh), Clone Commanders and so on. They take less space than 1:1, and the interior of these is exactly like we would imagine a real helmet would be.
    kevb0977 likes this.
    COLLECTION
    FEEDBACK

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

Moff

I think it was a joke that GG even got this license in the first place. They aren't a replica company, so why even bother giving it to them since they will never give it the attention it deserves. Heck the only products they have produced are repaints of previously produced MR sculpts nothing NEW.

With that said, I think the poll was worth doing, but honestly, I think most of our requests for anything (especially with this particular line) fall on deaf ears. I know they say they will pass on the suggestions, but really, I think GG has their own plan, and only when we happen to get lucky and ask for something that happens to coincide with their plan does it APPEARS that they are listening. If they were REALLY listening, they would have made a Thrawn bust, which has been requested for YEARS by a LOT of people, and still nada. I think it should be obvious they are focused on other things and the helmet line is NOT one of them. Heck when they first got the license they showed a bunch of clone repaints, and those never got released, so why would we expect them to actually make a NEW sculpt?

Sorry if this all sounds harsh, but once you collect GG long enough, you'll realize the reality of how they function, and it's not really all that hard core collector friendly.
    Last edited by Mapman; 02-22-2013 at 08:43 AM.

•    
    All interesting stuff & good to know, thanks for sharing your thoughts & experience..., that's the kind of thing I like to know about so I'm pleased you responded to my question.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I think mapman is right that the requests fall on deaf ears, but with that said I know that LFL still has a big say in what gets done. GG and LFL will make what they want when they want. Would I love to see the helmet line continue...yes. Was the line given to the wrong company...yes. I think its sad when all we get after years of GG having the rights is three repaints. I think if eFX would have had the line we would have seen movement with it. Personally I think that if GG was to do it right, they wouldn't just do Star Wars helmets but open it up to other Disney properties also. Tron, Tron Legacy, Rocketeer, AvengersCaptain America, Iron Man, Thor and Loki) and War Machine. I'm not holding my breath but I am crossing my fingers that we will see something in the future. YES! I want a Thrawn bust as well.
    Last edited by disgruntledjawa; 02-24-2013 at 12:49 AM.
    king_marvel on gentle giant collectors forum

My feedback http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1072337/

•    
    It would certainly make sense to open the helmet range to more than just Star Wars, I'm sure there's a market for all sorts of helmets to be made from many different films..., they could even do it for The Lord of the Rings trilogy..., I'm obviously more interested in Star Wars though & Imperial/Republic helmets in particular.

I'd like the licence to be revoked from Gentle Giant & given to someone else..., like eFX as the licence should be used & not shelved, Gentle Giant have had a go, a perfetic go at that BUT we've seen the strength of their efforts SO now we need a new fresh company to take the reins!!!
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Moff

At least give it to a company who is going to TRY and make a go at it, GG doesn't appear to even be trying. Only 3 product and all repaints, in at least 4 years, this license needs to be passed on to a company willing to actually make some effort.
    drmdns likes this.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapman View Post
    At least give it to a company who is going to TRY and make a go at it, GG doesn't appear to even be trying. Only 3 product and all repaints, in at least 4 years, this license needs to be passed on to a company willing to actually make some effort.
    I totally agree with you there, I'm really surprised Gentle Giant never really bothered to do anything with this line to be honest..., after all WHY take it on only to cast it aside??? I can literally think of at least 20 helmets I'd like to have for my collection & I'm pretty sure many other people can say the same SO it's very disappointing this line has fallen flat with no signs of anything changing in the future (whilst under Gentle Giant's control anyway).
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Moff

The only reason I can see GG acquired this license was to just make easy money by using previously created product and doing repaints. The problem is they are killing the line and upsetting fans by basically doing nothing with it!

Although now I wish I had picked up a Pink Vader helmet when they were cheaply available, it would have made a great gift for my daughter who is turning 5 in a week.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by Mapman View Post
    The only reason I can see GG acquired this license was to just make easy money by using previously created product and doing repaints. The problem is they are killing the line and upsetting fans by basically doing nothing with it!

Although now I wish I had picked up a Pink Vader helmet when they were cheaply available, it would have made a great gift for my daughter who is turning 5 in a week.
    The pink Vader helmets sell in the UK for about £40.00..., I did ponder about getting one but decided against it in the end. With regards to repaints..., if they'd released the clones as repainted helmets I'd not have minded to be honest, I like all of the different variety of clones BUT I'd have expected new & different helmets to be made after we'd bought the repaints to basically fund the new helmet development.
    Last edited by kevb0977; 02-25-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast