Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Anyone else having this problem on ebay?

•    

Anyone else having this problem on ebay?

For the last few days, when looking at items on ebay, I have not been able to see items ending right away. All I see are items that say they end in three to four minutes. I click on something, and it has literally only seconds left!

I have to scroll down to items that say they have about 5-6 minutes left just to have a shot before they end. I have tried clearing my internet settings, and tried on different browsers. Same problem.

I'd like to go back to seeing items that end in less than a minute. It seems like the ebay clock is almost 4 minutes behind the actual end times.
    Anyone know how to change it? Or does anyone else have the same issue?
    Last edited by DJ121; 01-29-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Midshipman

I was having problems like that earlier this evening.
    Last edited by Alienbaby17; 01-29-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Those countdown tickers tend to be buggy. I've worked with a few of them, and there's always some hang-up with them, not to mention how they slow down or hang if the load time of a page is effected by elements on the page hogging processing power (i.e. Auctiva slide-gallery, large scans, etc).
    Jetson likes this.

I have the same problem. I have missed out on a few items because of this problem.

5. Thanks from: Mark_Yeo

•    
    Good to know that it is not just me. Funny thing is the other night I was at my Fire Station (I'm a volunteer fire fighter) and checked ebay on the living quaters computer. Ebay was working just fine on that terminal.

I have tried to clear cookies, reset my settings and even tried both firefox and internet explorer. Even tonight, on my personal computer I still have this issue.

eBay is becoming frought with problems, I have had the timer go bung on me more than once also. but only over the last 6 months or so. I really don't think it's intentional but it can ruin your (or my) day..
    Jetson likes this.

•    
    This is still an issue for me. But here is the thing. It only effects my laptop. My desktop is not having the same problem. They all use the same wireless network. So if the problem is with my wifi, I would think the desktop would have the same issue. I have tweeked settings, and done everything I can think of. Nothing seems to work.

Rear Admiral

I have had that problem a few times recently and it is VERY annoying!

I've decided, with recent issues i have experienced with eBay, to shut it down, turn it off and try to forget about it. Lately it's been like a bad relationship, and losing 12% on sales is not so attractive anymore. Even paypal at 4%, turn it up.. Greed aint good.. just ask Greedo (oh, i forgot.. someone with integrity shot him).. Go figure. Try other auction house or forums people.. you wont be disappointed.. look at this site, decent people, decent items, decent prices.. proofs in the pudding. Go to Kessel eBay.

High Admiral

Quote Originally Posted by finestcomics View Post
    Those countdown tickers tend to be buggy. I've worked with a few of them, and there's always some hang-up with them, not to mention how they slow down or hang if the load time of a page is effected by elements on the page hogging processing power (i.e. Auctiva slide-gallery, large scans, etc).
    I have had it happen where the countdown timer was different than what the auction actually ended at, maybe by only 5 or 10 seconds but really ruined a purchase when the auction said that it already ended.
    Disclaimer: No vintage MOCs (or baggies) were harmed during the preparation of this post.
    Skye: "You can put lipstick on an Ugnaught bootleg, but it is still an Ugnaught bootleg."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast