Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree153Likes

Thread: The Price $$$, expensive or justified?

GNT

The Price $$$, expensive or justified?

So with the recent news on the Black Series 6 inch figures, it was revealed that the price will be $19.99 per figure and that cost would add up after buying a few figures.

What does everyone think of the cost? Is that pretty reasonable compared to other 6 inch lines? Or a little on the pricey side? Is the price going to effect how many/if any you'll be purchasing? Will people just wait for clearance sales?

I'd hate to be an army builder with this line :p

Thoughts on the cost of this line at retail?

It's better then hot toys prices or any other high end line. It's a decent price for that Luke even though I'm not interested in getting that version of him. If the quality and likeness is just as good on the other figures then it's a good price.
    Jawa_Fong and Darth_Bones like this.
    Good Soldiers Follow Orders Good Soldiers Follow Orders

Well, I certainly won't be a completionist at that price, but it's also affordable enough that I'm glad they're offering it so that I can get some of my "must-haves" for openers at a high level of quality. It's all aces in my book.

If all of the reports we're hearing of increased prices for resources, shipping and labor are accurate... than yeah a $20 bill for an awesome toy is justified. It's a non-essential commercial good - you either have money for it or you don't.
    Trade Feedback for John_Solo
    Formerly "TheRealDub"

Vice Admiral

I don't collect Movie Masters or Marvel Legends, but that seems about $2 too high. If they're great figures though, and if they only make a dozen or so per year, it's not awful. It's $15 less than we're paying for Jocasta Nu (once you factor in shipping).

It's the price for having versions of core characters that we can be excited about again.

Emperor's Hand trandoshanhunter's Avatar

Considering that vintage itself is already overpriced, the 20 dollar price point for this line is not justified. In my opinion, 15 dollars would have probably been a lot better, though I know in this economy that would never happen.
    No Yuuzhan Vong in the Sequel Trilogy Please!

The Doomsday Clock nears midnight on the Hasbro SW line...

It feels expensive to me.... I don't know if someone else can better explain why I should or should not expect a less expensive price. Should I be expecting a lower price if these are not specialty market products? $20 would be much easier to swallow with the inclusion of a display base or a Build a Figure piece.
    DirtyDanDub likes this.
    Product shown in fantasy situation

Quote Originally Posted by Kobayashi View Post
    It feels expensive to me.... I don't know if someone else can better explain why I should or should not expect a less expensive price. Should I be expecting a lower price if these are not specialty market products? $20 would be much easier to swallow with the inclusion of a display base or a Build a Figure piece.
    Action Figure Insider – Men of Action Reality Check: Action Figures Should Cost More
    Trade Feedback for John_Solo
    Formerly "TheRealDub"

The price for that kind of quality is completely justified. That being said, most people won't be on board because of it. Can't blame 'em. Dropping $20+ on one figure is not economically sound in this day and age.

Let's be honest though; this line is clearly aimed at adults with disposable income, and those of us who are fortunate enough to have some will be snatching these up on day 1.
    John_Solo, noazz, JediMerc and 1 others like this.
    Give us more astromechs, Hasbro!!!

EmperorPalpitate Feedback Thread

I think the price is justified, but it's going to force me to be pretty selective.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast