Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree288Likes

Thread: Toy Fair 2013

So, I guess that whole "Back in Black" comment was in reference to Vader, then.

That Vader packaging looks horrible. Too reminiscent of the awful ROTS cards for the figures. Thankful I open my figures, but still, that packaging is going to get old quickly.
    Most wanted figures: Admiral Piett

Does this mean that we will not see a return to TVC any time soon then?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFerry View Post
    The trash that Hasbro has been releasing lately is gonna save me SO much money not buying it, but then we are gonna get the hardcore 'sheeple' collectors who will buy any old Bantha Poo-doo with a Hasbro label slapped on it!
    Or maybe some of these "sheeple" may look forward to some well-articulated quality figures and buy them because they want and enjoy them. I don't like a lot of what Hasbro does from a business standpoint, but buying and enjoying the Hasbro product when they release quality figures does not make us "sheeple".
    You disappoint me! Yoda holds you in such high esteem --- SURELY you can do better!

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper31 View Post
    I dont know how they will work this cos it seems the Yoda packaging would have an unusually short shelf life if it is replaced in the Autumn?
    I understood it that we wouldnt see TVC return for a few years (aside from reissued stock)?

Cos the Yoda packaging is so new, it makes me think they will run the new back in black alongside the yoda stuff? But for what? Presumably the Yoda packaging will be used for the 3D PT stuff? So whats back in black gonna be used for?
    Also the Yoda packaging was likely planned for an earlier 3D release I am sure?

clear as mud
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Quote Originally Posted by LadyFerry View Post
    The trash that Hasbro has been releasing lately is gonna save me SO much money not buying it, but then we are gonna get the hardcore 'sheeple' collectors who will buy any old Bantha Poo-doo with a Hasbro label slapped on it!
    That sounds like a very limited understanding.
    The quality of the product isnt even really in question.
    Most wanted figures: Vedain, Luke Bespin (Beatup version), Fozec, Taym Dren Garen, Sim Aloo

Hasbro said that quite awhile ago. People jumped to conclusions when they announced the vintage "rereleases," but Hasbro made it clear earlier that vintage was going back on "hiatus" after the internet only wave.

I'm surprised the yoda cardbacks will supposedly only have a few months at retail. Seems odd, but I guess when everything changed at Hasbro, the yoda line stuff must have been further along than the build a droid waves.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, mosep.
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Quote Originally Posted by lordtyrannus View Post
    Or maybe some of these "sheeple" may look forward to some well-articulated quality figures and buy them because they want and enjoy them. I don't like a lot of what Hasbro does from a business standpoint, but buying and enjoying the Hasbro product when they release quality figures does not make us "sheeple".
    No, it just makes you gullible.
    Star Wars fangirl collector since 1977 and not a Hasbro cheerleader of late - R.I.P Hasbro Star Wars 1995 - 2013/14 etc...

True, but the speculation with B in B was that Vintage was coming back in the fall. Just asking for clarification.

That is a short life for the Yoda cardbacks. I guess the question is, how will they distinguish the three lines from each other if they don't continue the Yoda packaging?

How does buying quality figures make one gullible?
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, mosep.

True, but the speculation with B in B was that Vintage was coming back in the fall. Just asking for clarification.
    ah. I hadn't heard that speculation.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast