Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Episode 7 toys !!! What do you want them to look like ??? cards - figures - bubbles ?

Episode 7 toys !!! What do you want them to look like ??? cards - figures - bubbles ?

Was starting to wonder ( even without characters, etc..) about what the episode 7 line will look like...
    I'm curious as to what others want to see as well...

Things I want to see:
    1.) Stick with standard cards - as in vintage style...punch tabs and kept classic looking. Although I like variety and wouldn't mind something unique ( for star wars ) like say ep.3 was...but maybe keep that for ep.8 or 9

2.) Standard bubbles on the left as opposed to say ep. 1 which were on the right and huge with the comm. tech chips.

3.) picture variations on cards for key characters...no minor head shot with some common background for all the dif. figures...ala ep.1 again

4.) Don't leave out sweet looking characters ! Sure eventually most all are produced, but there is always someone I'm mad they didn't make for the original carded release.

5.) Leave offers to the back of the cards...please...I like them on my vintage moc's and that is it.

what do you all want to see ???
    peace is a lie, there is only passion

New movies need their own design, and their own identity.

They shouldn't be on vintage cards just for the sake of vintage cards. I want to see original designs for each movie.

The prequel designs were appropriate for their era. Let 2015 be 2015, not 1978.
    TJapes and Waggy like this.

Despite how much I love the TVC cards, I agree that Ep7 needs to be allowed to establish it's own identity in the toy aisle.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

GNT

Quote Originally Posted by pohatu771 View Post
    The prequel designs were appropriate for their era. Let 2015 be 2015, not 1978.
    Having EP7 figures on Vintage cards will take away the appeal and love of the Vintage style look.

Hasbro would most likely only get a few reference pictures of characters from the new movie anyways to start off with. I'd rather not see many "photo shot" images on the cards, but rather movie still images with backgrounds etc.

I think the new line should have new card designs. Bigger bubbles for more accessories would be nice. I think photos should be something unique, like character specific 3D scenery type backgrounds instead of those clear plastic holders. That's my idea.

Vintage style doesn't bother me. I still like it for nostalgic reasons, even on PT figures. But agree they can sometimes limit accessory space.

But what I really want is that the figures are easily identifiable. I don't like what they did with the Darth Maul packaging with his face on the corner of each pack as it makes it very hard to see what actual figure it is at retail while hanging on the pegs.
    Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning

I expect we'll see a ton of two-packs featuring young and old versions of characters.
    Maybe even Evolutions will make a comeback?

WTB: US Carded CW44 Ahsoka Tano MOMC
    The Rise of Darth Vader Target Exclusive MIMB

I would like to see new packaging - preferably with large bubbles and large accessories with some of the figures. I hope there is a good mix between the main characters and obscure backgrounders (it's always cool getting cool looking characters you know little about in the early days of a movie line...). The background behind the figure would be cool as an image from that section of the movie - sort of how the OTC cardbacks were, maybe. Let the movie have it's own identity, though. I just hope the character selection isn't as limited as Hasbro's other recent movie lines which have been extremely thin on choices. (I know Star Wars is a different beast, but...) And one more thing: This is probably asking for too much, but please NO action features!

Then - Maybe the following Christmas season, do a limited run (maybe even as an exclusive) of vintage cards - ONLY the main characters and maybe one or two interesting backgrounders. That way, the vintage collection carded collectors have a few E7 figures to go along with 1-6, CW, and EU. This subline could even wait until E9 has come and gone and be a selection from each of the sequels.
    Vitiate likes this.
    Hasbro, hear my plea for the Rickshaw Droid!
    Current top five most wanted: rickshaw droid, Kalyn farnmir, veedaaz awmeth, toonbuck toora, mosep.
    My feedback thread: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t858622/

Other than agreeing with those who have stated that VII should have its own identity I hope that there is no unnecessary packaging such as large plastic bubbles. I do feel guilty at times and think about all that wasted cardboard/plastic.
    Always look on the bright side of life...

WTB: Vintage Collection Hoth AT AT. Either the box on its own or the box with vehicle.

Emperor's Hand trandoshanhunter's Avatar

Vintage cards and super articulation, of course.
    Ashy_Larry likes this.
    No Yuuzhan Vong in the Sequel Trilogy Please!

The Doomsday Clock nears midnight on the Hasbro SW line...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast